- Gregory Nazianzus, Patriarch of Constantinople
- Patriarch Gregory II of Constantinople
- Patriarch Gregory III of Constantinople
- Patriarch Gregory IV of Constantinople
- Gregory of Cappadocia, Patriarch of Alexandria
- Patriarch Gregory I of Alexandria
- Patriarch Gregory IV of Alexandria
- Patriarch Gregory V of Alexandria
Other articles related to "patriarchs, patriarch":
... local Churches (dioceses) have the title of Patriarch ... The Pope himself was also called the Patriarch of the West, as head of the Latin Rite or Western particular Church, but this title is no longer in use ... Eastern patriarchs are elected by the synod of bishops of their particular Church ...
... Under Patriarch Michael Rizzi, the monastery of Saint Anthony the Great in Qozhaya (From Aramaic the living Treasure) knew a revival, and later in 1610 ...
Famous quotes containing the word patriarchs:
“Like many another romance, the romance of the family turns sour when the money runs out. If we really cared about families, we would not let born again patriarchs send up moral abstractions as a smokescreen for the scandal of American family economics.”
—Letty Cottin Pogrebin (20th century)