Fitting can refer to:
- A dress fitting.
- Any machine component, piping or tubing part that can attach or connect two or more larger parts. For examples, see coupling, compression fitting, piping and plumbing fittings and pipe fitting.
- The process of applying regression analysis to data. This method is sometimes called line-fitting or curve fitting depending on the result.
- Preprocessing of data for data mining or other parsing.
- Mathematical concepts named after Hans Fitting such as Fitting subgroup, Fitting length, Fitting lemma, Fitting ideal, and Fitting's theorem.
- Light socket or lamp fitting.
- An element of a tantrum, seizure or any other sudden occurrence of a symptom or unusual behaviour.
Other articles related to "fittings, fitting":
... Compression Fittings primarily seen on copper pipe spudguns, the compression fitting squeezes a metal ring against the pipe between a nut and the fitting body to form the connection ... Easier than solder fittings and requiring only a spanner they are much more expensive and are of greater weight ... Threaded Fittings commonly available in BSP or NPT (not interchangeable) they generally require a fitting attached to a pipe by other means to allow screwing ...
... Fitting Name Alternate Names and Notes Male Plug Fitting Female Socket (coupler) CEJN Duff-Norton Foster Hansen 2-HKIG White acetal identifier ring on body of fitting Hansen 2-HKIL Black acetal identifier ring on body ...
... Shop fitting (shopfitting) is the trade of fitting out retail and service shops and stores with equipment, fixtures and fittings ... A shop fitting firm typically incorporates professional expertise in interior design, manufacturing of bespoke furniture, signage and fittings (with own or ... A shop fitting cycle begins with a survey and measurement of available space and preparing design drawings for submission to the client ...
... Andrea Fitting, Ph.D ... Fitting is founder and CEO of Fitting Group, a branding agency headquartered in Pittsburgh ... received international media coverage when Fitting Group launched a controversial marketing campaign to promote their Brand Spanking process that featured a whip-bearing dominatrix ...
Famous quotes containing the word fitting:
“The most fitting monuments this nation can build are schoolhouses and homes for those who do the work of the world. It is no answer to say that they are accustomed to rags and hunger. In this world of plenty every human being has a right to food, clothes, decent shelter, and the rudiments of education.”
—Elizabeth Cady Stanton (18151902)
“We do not quite say that the new is more valuable because it fits in; but its fitting in is a test of its valuea test, it is true, which can only be slowly and cautiously applied, for we are none of us infallible judges of conformity.”
—T.S. (Thomas Stearns)
“Greater glory in the sun,
An evening chill upon the air,
Bid imagination run
Much on the Great Questioner;
What He can question, what if questioned I
Can with a fitting confidence reply.”
—William Butler Yeats (18651939)