All of EA's labels and studios are overseen by CEO John Riccitiello who has held the position since 2007. Many have attributed Riccitiello's success in leading EA to his passion as a gamer. Electronic Arts has four main labels, with numerous studios falling under each one. The current labels were created in late 2011.
- EA Games—Home to the largest number of studio and development teams, this label is responsible for action-adventure, role playing, racing and combat games, marketed under the EA brand. In addition to traditional packaged-goods games, EA Games also develops massively multiplayer online role-playing games. Led by Frank Gibeau.
- EA Interactive—Includes EA's Pogo.com online service, Playfish and EA Mobile. Led by Barry Cottle.
- Criterion Games
- Danger Close Games (formerly EA Los Angeles)
- EA Black Box (formerly Black Box Games)
- EA Digital Illusions CE (formerly Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment, DICE)
- EA Montreal
- EA Partners
- EA Phenomic
- Visceral Games (formerly EA Redwood Shores)
- EA Sports—Publishes all the realistic, casual, and freestyle sports-based titles from EA, including FIFA Football, Madden NFL, Fight Night, NBA Live, NCAA Football, Cricket, NCAA March Madness, Tiger Woods PGA Tour, NHL Hockey, NASCAR and Rugby. Led by Andrew Wilson.
- EA Tiburon (Florida)
- EA Canada (Burnaby)
- EA North Carolina (Morrisville)
- EA Maxis—Creates and publishes casual games for gamers and non-traditional gamers. Includes The Sims series and developing and marketing life-simulation games and online communities. The label is headquartered at EA's campus in Redwood Shores, although the original studio is located in Emeryville.
- Maxis Emeryville
- The Sims Studio
- EA Salt Lake
- EA Hasbro
- Casual Studios
- EA Bioware—focuses on creating multiplatform, role-playing, MMO and strategy games.
- BioWare Edmonton
- BioWare Austin
- BioWare Montreal
- Mythic Entertainment (also known as BioWare Mythic)
- BioWare Victory (formerly Victory Games)
Read more about this topic: Electronic Arts
Other articles related to "company structure, company":
... The company has five main departments Science Department research and development ... Legislative Departments state and federal lobbying ...
... The Company’s newly launched SP Plus service lines highlight the Company’s value-added transportation, maintenance and security service lines that complement its core parking ... The Company also uses the SP Plus brand to emphasize the extensive subject matter expertise that the Company has developed to meet the varied demands of its assorted end-markets ... Standard Parking’s corporate headquarters are located in Chicago, but the company has a geographic footprint that includes operations in 41 states and ...
... The first example was the Gosport Aircraft Company, set up to use C N's expertise in wooden construction in the supply of aircraft to the Ministry of War ... By this point the company had numerous offices around the Mediterranean, as well as Australia, the Caribbean, Hong Kong, Singapore and both coasts of America ...
Famous quotes containing the words structure and/or company:
“It is difficult even to choose the adjective
For this blank cold, this sadness without cause.
The great structure has become a minor house.
No turban walks across the lessened floors.
The greenhouse never so badly needed paint.”
—Wallace Stevens (18791955)
“The old idea that the joke was not good enough for the company has been superseded by the new aristocratic idea that the company was not worthy of the joke. They have introduced an almost insane individualism into that one form of intercourse which is specially and uproariously communal. They have made even levities into secrets. They have made laughter lonelier than tears.”
—Gilbert Keith Chesterton (18741936)