Deck may refer to:
- Deck (ship), a floor of a ship
- Bus deck, referring to the number of passenger levels on a bus or coach
- Plane deck, referring to the flight deck or the fuselage
- Deck (building), an outdoor floor attached to a building made of only wood or woodlike material
- Roof deck, a roof system
- Observation deck, a platform situated upon a tall architectural structure or natural feature
- Deck (bridge), the roadway surface of a bridge
- Decking, a garden structure with a suspended wooden surface
- The concrete or tile area surrounding a swimming pool
- Another name for a storey
- Deck tiles, tiles of wood with a polypropylene base that interlock together
- Deck arch bridge, a type of bridge
- Orthotropic deck
- Business Deck, a presentation, usually in Powerpoint or Keynote
In games and sports:
- deck, the flat surface of a skateboard
- Deck (cards), a collection of cards
- Game deck, a video game system
- Théodore Deck, 19th century French ceramicist
- a Head unit
- a Phonograph turntable
- Tape deck, a sound recording and playback device
- A stage (theatre)
- Deck Afta, a character from the anime Space Runaway Ideon
- deck or dek, a phrase, sentence or several sentences near the title of an article or story
As a euphemism:
- To strike or hit with the intention of rendering the recipient to the floor - "I'll deck you"
Other articles related to "decks, deck":
... The bridge had two decks, the lower deck for trains and the upper deck for vehicular road traffic ... The connecting roadways and upper deck of the Jackknife Bridge were dismantled in 2004 by MLA Northern Contracting LTD, but the lower deck continues to function as the only rail link to the ...
... The weather deck is a deck set up for weather reports ... The weather deck was introduced in 1999 ... In Spring 2009, the Weather Deck was absent from many of the newscasts because lighting for the deck became too expensive for WZZM 13 to continue operation ...
... Bakura uses an Occult Deck for the initial part of the show, using monsters that reflect his views on the supernatural ... During the Battle City arc, he uses a new deck constructed by Dark Bakura, focusing on the darker side of the occult by making extensive use of Zombies (Undead) and Fiends (Demons), some of ... The signature card of this deck is Dark Necrofear, a powerful fiend monster ...
... of tanks and other vehicles ashore, additionally, amphibious vehicles can be launched from the tank deck via the ship's stern gate and the ship's flight deck can ... A between-decks ramp allows easy access from the tank deck to the main deck to off-load all equipment from the bow ...
Famous quotes containing the word deck:
“O Captain! my Captain! our fearful trip is done,
The ship has weatherd every rack, the prize we sought is won,
The port is near, the bells I hear, the people all exulting,
While follow eyes the steady keel, the vessel grim and daring;
But O heart! heart! heart!
O the bleeding drops of red,
Where on the deck my Captain lies,
Fallen cold and dead.”
—Walt Whitman (18191892)
“The almost universal bareness and smoothness of the landscape were as agreeable as novel, making it so much more like the deck of a vessel.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)
“And every sea-god pays a gem,
Yearly out of his watery cell,
To deck great Neptunes diadem.”
—Thomas Campion (15671620)