Cry wolf is an expression that means "raise a false alarm", derived from the fable The Boy Who Cried Wolf.
Cry Wolf may also refer to:
- "Cry Wolf" (Venom), 1983 song by Venom
- "Cry Wolf" (song), 1986 song by a-ha
- "Cry Wolf" (Branigan), 1987 song by Laura Branigan later covered by Stevie Nicks
- "Cry Wolf" (Geronimo), 1994 song by Lisa Germano
- Cry Wolf (band), heavy metal band
In film and television:
- Cry Wolf (1947 film), mystery film starring Errol Flynn and Barbara Stanwyck
- Cry Wolf (2005 film), murder mystery film starring Julian Morris and Lindy Booth
- "Cry Wolf" (Thunderbirds episode), an episode of the television series Thunderbirds
- "Columbo Cries Wolf", an episode of the television series Columbo
- Cry Wolf (novel) – a 1993 novel by Tami Hoag
Other articles related to "cry wolf":
... In 2006, a “Cry Wolf Tribute Page” was created on MySpace by long time friend Mike Wilson who was originally bass tech for Phil Deckard then later for drummer Paul Cancilla ... Garnering an enormous response from Cry Wolf fans worldwide, Mike approached the band about a reunion show ... urging of their most fervent fans, the original members of Cry Wolf gathered to play together for the first time in 15 years in August 2007 for what was intended to be a one-off show as a “th ...
... Cry Wolf is a melodic hard rock band formed in the San Francisco Bay Area in the mid-1980s. 80s before relocating to Southern California, Cry Wolf has been described as “much a part of the LA rock scene as Poison, Mötley Crüe and LA Guns, but they ... distanced them from hair and glam rock.” Twenty years later, Cry Wolf has returned with their highly anticipated new CD ‘Twenty Ten‘ ...
... Originally named Heroes, Cry Wolf was formed in the San Francisco East Bay Area with Tim Hall (vocals), Steve McKnight (guitar), Phil Deckard (bass), John Freixas (drums) and JC Crampton (Keyboar ... The name "Cry Wolf" was chosen out of hundreds of entries ... Cry Wolf almost defy description ...
7" Cry Wolf Maybe, Maybe 12" Cry Wolf (Extended Version) Cry Wolf (Album Version) Maybe, Maybe Music by Magne Furuholmen Words by Pål Waaktaar Magne Furuholmen ...
Famous quotes containing the words wolf and/or cry:
“Pain is real when you get other people to believe in it. If no one believes in it but you, your pain is madness or hysteria.”
—Naomi Wolf (b. 1962)
“A babys crying!
Frantic it sounds, though muffled and far off.
Its mother wouldnt let it cry like that,
Not if shes there.”
—Robert Frost (18741963)