At the secondary level, CPS operates nine selective enrollment high schools. These are;
- Gwendolyn Brooks College Preparatory Academy
- Jones College Prep High School
- King College Prep High School
- Lane Technical College Prep High School
- Robert Lindblom Math & Science Academy
- Northside College Preparatory High School
- Walter Payton College Prep
- Westinghouse High School
- Whitney Young Magnet High School
Selective Enrollment high schools work on a point system out of 900 points:,
- 300 points for the 7th grade standardized testing (ISAT)
- 300 points for the entrance exam (tested in vocabulary, literature, math)
- 300 points for 7th grade grades (A=75, B=50, C=25; D and below=0)
Competition is fierce, and many factors decide whether students are admitted or not:
- Ranking: Students are asked to rank their top 6 high schools—the higher a school is on the list, the higher the chance a high school will choose to admit a student
- Points from the point system mentioned above
Other articles related to "secondary schools, school, schools, secondary school":
... (ECA) (renamed as Co-Curriculum Activity or CCA in 1999) in both Primary and Secondary Schools ... Yew, who instructed that the formation of school bands should be considered a “high priority” ... At its beginning, the project began with only 4 brass bands in aided secondary schools, and 9 Bugle and Fife bands in Primary Schools that were mainly ...
... Archbishop Romero Catholic Secondary School Ascension of Our Lord Secondary School Cardinal Ambrozic Secondary School Cardinal Leger Secondary School Father Michael ... Hall Catholic Secondary School St ... Aloysius Gonzaga Secondary School St ...
... It serves to highlight all activities that take place in every school and that contribute in one way or another to the total development of the students ... The annual event engages students from schools across Singapore, who are involved in all performing arts, sports and uniformed group CCAs ... It continues to be an annual event during which most schools' performing arts groups compete at their respective levels ...
... In education, there are 320 Catholic schools and kindergartens which have about 286,000 pupils ... The Protestant churches run 144 secondary schools, 192 primary schools, 273 kindergartens and 116 nurseries in which 33 secondary schools and more than 50 primary schools are established by ... It is notable that many schools run by the Church has been getting outstanding results in Public Examinations, such as Diocesan Boys' School, Diocesan Girls' School and St ...
Famous quotes containing the words schools and/or secondary:
“It is too late in the century for women who have received the benefits of co-education in schools and colleges, and who bear their full share in the worlds work, not to care who make the laws, who expound and who administer them.”
—J. Ellen Foster (18401910)
“Readers are less and less seen as mere non-writers, the subhuman other or flawed derivative of the author; the lack of a pen is no longer a shameful mark of secondary status but a positively enabling space, just as within every writer can be seen to lurk, as a repressed but contaminating antithesis, a reader.”
—Terry Eagleton (b. 1943)