Donors Supporting Prop 11
As of September 24, three campaign committees supporting Prop. 11 have filed officially with the Secretary of State's office. Some donors have contributed to more than one of these committees. The largest donors altogether are:
- Gov. Schwarzenegger's California Dream Team, $2,446,000.
- Charles Munger Jr., son of billionaire Charles Munger, $1 million
- Michael Bloomberg (the mayor of New York City), $250,000.
- Howard Lester (of Williams-Sonoma), $250,000.
- Brian Harvey, president of Cypress Land Company, $250,000.
- Reed Hastings, founder of Netflix, $250,000
- New Majority California PAC, $237,500.
- Meg Whitman, CEO, eBay, $200,000.
- William Bloomfield, $150,000
Famous quotes containing the words supporting and/or prop:
“It is handsomer to remain in the establishment better than the establishment, and conduct that in the best manner, than to make a sally against evil by some single improvement, without supporting it by a total regeneration.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)
“Them she upstays
Gently with myrtle band, mindless the while
Herself, though fairest unsupported flower,
From her best prop so far, and storm so nigh.”
—John Milton (16081674)