Asian may also refer to:
- More specific meanings depending on context:
- In the Americas, Australia and New Zealand the term usually refers to people from East Asia or Southeast Asia.
- In the United Kingdom and some other Commonwealth countries, the term refers more frequently to those from South Asia.
- Culture of Asia - the culture of the people from the Asia
- Asian cuisine - food based on the style of food of the people from Asia
- Asii (also Asiani), a historic Central Asian ethnic group mentioned in Roman-era writings
- Asian option, a type of option contract in finance
- Asyan, a village in Iran
Other articles related to "asian":
4th (heats) 800 m 2005 World Youth Championships Marrakech, Morocco 2nd 1500 m Asian Championships Incheon, South Korea 3rd 1500 m 2006 World Cross Country ...
... research resource on Asia in Australia, and the largest Asian language collections in the Southern hemisphere, with over half a million volumes in the collection, as ... The Library collects resources about all Asian countries in Western languages extensively, and resources in the following Asian languages Burmese, Chinese, Persian, Indonesian, Japanese, Khmer, Korean, Lao ... The Library has acquired a number of important Western and Asian language scholarly collections from researchers and bibliophiles ...
... The AFC Asian Cup is an international association football tournament run by the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) ... The Asian Cup was held once every four years from 1956 in Hong Kong until 2004 in China ... Olympic Games and the European Football Championship were also scheduled in the same year as the Asian Cup (2004, 2008, 2012 etc.), the AFC decided to move their championship to a ...
... military father and an Asian mother ... has sometimes been used to describe a person in the United States of mixed Asian and non-Asian ancestry, regardless of the circumstances ...
... The 2007 Asian Tour was the 13th season of the modern Asian Tour, the main men's professional golf tour in Asia excluding Japan, since it was established in 1995 ...
Famous quotes containing the word asian:
“Morals are in all countries the result of legislation and government; they are not African or Asian or European: they are good or bad.”
—Denis Diderot (17131784)
“If he roars at you as youre dyin
Youll know it is the Asian Lion.”
—Carolyn Wells (18621942)
“We are not about to send American boys 9 or 10,000 miles away from home to do what Asian boys ought to be doing for themselves.”
—Lyndon Baines Johnson (19081973)