- The song "Get Your Gunn" from Marilyn Manson's 1994 album Portrait of an American Family is about the killing of David Gunn.
- The song "Hello Birmingham" from the 1999 album To the Teeth by Ani DiFranco was written in response to the bombing in Birmingham, Alabama, as well as the murder of Dr. Slepian in Amherst, New York (near DiFranco's hometown of Buffalo).
- The song "F.D.K. (Fearless Doctor Killers)" from Mudhoney's 1995 album My Brother the Cow tells a story about a Baptist minister rapist who refuses to pay for an abortion but will not support the child after it is born. It includes the repeated refrain, "Save the baby/Kill the doctor".
- The song "I Need a Grip" by Maggie Estep on her No More Mr. Nice Girl album is a response to anti-abortion violence.
- The song "The Army of God" by hardcore punk band Behind Enemy Lines on their album "The Global Cannibal" deals with the acts of terrorism and murder performed on abortion clinics and their staff.
- The song "I Blew Up The Clinic Real Good" by Contemporary Christian music singer-songwriter Steve Taylor.
Other articles related to "music":
... Nairobi is the centre of the Kenyan music scene ... The genre is a fusion of jazz and Luo music forms. 1970s, Nairobi became the prominent centre for East and Central African music ...
... Music therapy is an interpersonal process in which the therapist uses music and all of its facets—physical, emotional, mental, social, aesthetic, and spiritual—to help clients to improve or maintain ... needs are addressed directly through music in others they are addressed through the relationships that develop between the client and therapist ... Music therapy is used with individuals of all ages and with a variety of conditions, including psychiatric disorders, medical problems, physical handicaps ...
... guitar has largely replaced the double bass in popular music as the bass instrument in the rhythm section ... the types of basslines performed by the bassist vary widely from one style of music to another, the bassist fulfills a similar role in most types of music anchoring ... The bass guitar is used in many styles of music including rock, metal, pop, punk rock, country, reggae, gospel, blues, and jazz ...
... Composer Joseph LoDuca wrote the theme music and incidental music, and co-wrote the lyrics for the songs in "The Bitter Suite" ... The theme music was developed from the traditional Bulgarian folk song "Kaval sviri", sung by the Bulgarian State Television Female Vocal Choir ... for LoDuca, who won the Emmy award for Outstanding Music Composition for a Series (Dramatic Underscore) for the Season 5 episode Fallen Angel in 2000 ...
Famous quotes containing the word music:
“If music in general is an imitation of history, opera in particular is an imitation of human willfulness; it is rooted in the fact that we not only have feelings but insist upon having them at whatever cost to ourselves.... The quality common to all the great operatic roles, e.g., Don Giovanni, Norma, Lucia, Tristan, Isolde, Brünnhilde, is that each of them is a passionate and willful state of being. In real life they would all be bores, even Don Giovanni.”
—W.H. (Wystan Hugh)
“To know whether you are enjoying a piece of music or not you must see whether you find yourself looking at the advertisements of Pears soap at the end of the libretto.”
—Samuel Butler (18351902)
“Music is spiritual. The music business is not.”
—Van Morrison (b. 1945)