- American indie-electronic group The Postal Service covered "Against All Odds" for the soundtrack to the 2004 film Wicker Park. The cover was later named as one of the best cover songs of all time by the New York Post. It was also named the second best cover of all time by Rolling Stone.
- The Shadows did an instrumental of the song in 1986 on their album Moonlight Shadows.
- American pianist and singer Eli Mattson sang the song in the final of Americas Got Talent Season 3 as part of the final five.
- In 1984, French singer Dalida released a French cover of this song called "Toutes Ces Heures Loin De Toi".
- Recently, rapper Cuban Link sampled the original song in the track "Take a Look at Me Now" as a tribute to friend and deceased rapper Big Pun.
- Montell Jordan recorded "Against All Odds" for his 1999 album Get It On...Tonight.
- Deja Vu and Tasmin recorded "Against All Odds" in 2001, which appeared on Dancemania X8 and was licensed to be featured in the dance video game Dance Dance Revolution 5thMix. It later appeared in North America in Dance Dance Revolution Extreme 2.
- In the summer of 2008, a trance version of the song recorded by Belgian singer Kira appeared on Robbins Entertainment's compilation Trance Party 4. Kira later released this song on a CD-maxi single in late 2006, also on Robbins label.
- In 2005, English-singing Japanese rock band Beat Crusaders recorded "Against All Odds" for their covers album Musicrusaders.
- Another dance version was recorded in 2006 by Karen Parry.
- Korean R&B singers Wheesung and Lena Park recorded a cover of "Against All Odds" for a 2006 Hyundai's Tucson television commercial, and their version was later released as a digital single.
- Instrumental group John Tesh Project released their version from the album A Passionate Life.
- Pop classical group The Three Graces covered the song in Italian under the title "Impossible" on their 2008 self-titled debut album.
- The Haredi music group based in Meah Shearim, Jerualem, The Envei Hagefen Orchestra, has used the melody of "Against All Odds (Take a Look at Me Now)" for their song on the CD Modim entitled "Mima'amakim". However due to the extremely limited overlap of the two groups' listeners, nobody has yet to address this issue.
- The American pop singer Lutricia McNeal covered this song for her Japanese release of her album Soulsister Ambassador - Rise.
- British medical comedy duo Amateur Transplants parodied the song, along with others, in their song "Snippets" from their debut album Fitness to Practice.
- N-Dubz named their second album after the song. (2009)
- Michael Ball recorded the song and it appears on his albums The Movies, Stage and Screen and Seasons of Love.
- Barry Manilow recorded the song for his album The Greatest Songs of the Eighties.
- 'Mickey' covered the song on the first episode of the first season of Kids Incorporated.
- Dune, a German rave/techno/progressive trance group, covered this song on their fourth album Forever recorded with the London Session Orchestra.
- In Germany, the song was recorded by Trude Herr, who changed title, language and context (Papa, a dedication to the father of Trude, in German). Subsequently, the same version was performed by Anne Haigis.
Read more about this topic: Against All Odds (Take A Look At Me Now)
Other articles related to "covers, other covers, cover":
... in the United States, it contains swing jazz covers of popular rock and pop songs from the 1980s and 1990s ... Nice Guy, with Boone doing covers of songs by Alice Cooper, Van Halen and Judas Priest ... Anka also covers "Black Hole Sun" on Rock Swings ...
... The Amboy Dukes recorded a cover for their 1967 their homonymous album James Brown released a recording of the song as a single ...
... (on her Let's Go 7"), Meatmen (on their LP Cover the Earth), Ceremony (on their 7" Hysteria) and Sex Cult (on their Plain Jane 7") ... Other bands to cover Urinals songs include Butthole Surfers, The Dishes, The Reds, Mike Watt, and Eleventh Dream Day ...
... It is one of four Dylan covers on that album, the others being the title track, "Mama, You Been on My Mind" (recorded as "Daddy, You Been on My Mind"), and "A Hard ... co-wrote the song "I'd Have You Anytime" with Dylan in November 1968, did not cover the song, but did reference the title in his 1987 single, "When We Was Fab" ... While not actually a cover, the rock band Nine Days included a sample of Dylan singing two lines from "It's All Over Now, Baby Blue" in their song "Bob Dylan" from the album The Madding Crowd ...
Famous quotes containing the word covers:
“In truth, politeness is artificial good humor, it covers the natural want of it, and ends by rendering habitual a substitute nearly equivalent to the real virtue.”
—Thomas Jefferson (17431826)
“And so we ask for peace for the gods of our fathers, for the gods of our native land. It is reasonable that whatever each of us worships is really to be considered one and the same. We gaze up at the same stars, the sky covers us all, the same universe compasses us. What does it matter what practical systems we adopt in our search for the truth. Not by one avenue only can we arrive at so tremendous a secret.”
—Quintus Aurelius Symmachus (A.D. c. 340402)