Advantage may refer to:
- In military terms, advantage is the superiority in elevation which one side enjoys over the opposing element (Advantage of terrain)
- In tennis, advantage is when one player wins a point from a deuce and needs one more point to win the game. (See Tennis terminolog)
- Advantage (cryptography), a measure of the effectiveness of an enemy's code-breaking effort
- A term in soccer In-field play advantage
- A joystick produced by Asciiware for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (Super Advantage)
- Either of two ships of the British Navy (HMS Advantage)
- In Engineering, advantage is the ratio of output force to the input force of a mechanical, electrical, hydraulic or other physical system (Mechanical advantage)
- A breakfast cereal.
- The NES Advantage: an arcade modeled joystick for the Nintendo Entertainment System
- Advantage (band), an English brass rock band (fl. 2000s)
- Advantage (film), a 1977 Bulgarian film
- The Advantage, an American indie rock band covering old Nintendo music (fl. 2000s)
- The Gillig Advantage, a name given to Gillig's low-floor transit bus
- In veterinary medicine, Advantage or Advantage Flea Killer is a brand name for imidacloprid, a flea-poison for pets
- Advantage Rent A Car - car rental
- Advantage Database Server, a database product from Sybase iAnywhere
- GP Advantage, a brand of printer paper owned by Georgia-Pacific
Other articles related to "advantage":
... Care Act (or ACA) of 2010 did with respect to Medicare Advantage ... first used to establish the Medicare Advantage program ... launched an $8.35 billion demonstration project to postpone the majority of Medicare Advantage program cuts ...
... Advantage gambling, or advantage play, refers to a practice of using legal ways to gain a mathematical advantage while gambling ... Someone who practices advantage gambling is often referred to as an advantage player, or AP ... A skillful or knowledgeable player can gain an advantage at a number of games ...
... Medicare Advantage (MA) is a health insurance program that provides an eligible person with the United States' Medicare benefits ... Medicare Advantage differs from the original Medicare model, which offered a standard plan provided directly by the state ... In contrast, Medicare Advantage is offered by a private provider ...
... The main advantage that drives investment in an MSC is the idea that it will be cheaper to operate over time than multiple local mailrooms (mostly by employing fewer ... Another advantage of an MSC is that it may make terrorist threat mitigation easier by forcing all incoming packages to come through one point of entry, where systems are in ... Another advantage of an MSC is that such a system is more intuitive to the many users it serves, most of whom (understandably) would not know how their ...
Famous quotes containing the word advantage:
“The advantage of having a bad memory is that you can enjoy the same good things for the first time several times.”
—Friedrich Nietzsche (18441900)
“Is it reasonable that even the arts should take advantage of and profit by our natural stupidity and feebleness of mind?”
—Michel de Montaigne (15331592)
“The great advantage of a new friend is that we have not yet found one another out.”
—Mason Cooley (b. 1927)