- America's Sweetheart Broadway production opened at the Broadhurst Theatre on February 10 and ran for 135 performances.
- The Band Wagon Broadway production opened at the New Amsterdam Theatre on June 3 and ran for 260 performances
- Bitter Sweet (Noël Coward) - London revival
- The Cat and the Fiddle Broadway production opened at the Globe Theatre on October 15 and ran for 395 performances
- Cavalcade (Noël Coward) - London production opened at the Drury Lane Theatre on October 13 and ran for 405 performances
- Die Dubarry Berlin production opened on August 14
- Folly To Be Wise London revue opened at the Piccadilly Theatre on January 8. Starring Cicely Courtneidge.
- Here Goes the Bride Broadway production opened at Chanin's 46th Street Theatre on November 3 and ran for 7 performances.
- Hold My Hand (Music: Noel Gay Lyrics: Desmond Carter Book: Stanley Lupino) London production opened at the Gaiety Theatre on December 23. Starring Jessie Matthews, Sonnie Hale and Stanley Lupino.
- The Land of Smiles (Franz Lehár) - London production opened at the Drury Lane Theatre on May 8
- The Laugh Parade Broadway revue opened at the Imperial Theatre on November 2 and ran for 231 performances
- Of Thee I Sing Broadway production, opened December 26 and ran for 441 performances.
- The Third Little Show Broadway production opened at the Music Box Theatre on June 1 and ran for 136 performances
- Victoria and Her Hussar London production opened at the Palace Theatre on September 17 and ran for 100 performances
- White Horse Inn London production opened at the Coliseum Theatre on April 8 and ran for 651 performances
- Ziegfeld Follies of 1931 Broadway revue opened at the Ziegfeld Theatre on July 1 and ran for 165 performances.
Read more about this topic: 1931 In Music
Other articles related to "musical theater, musical, theater":
... The Junior University Musical Theater (also known as Junior University of San Bernardino, Inc.) began in 1962 as a children's summer activity in the backyard of Robert and Barbara Henley ... Since 1963, Junior University's musical shows have been original adaptations of familiar children's stories adapted and scored by the late William R ... the Lifetime Achievement Award of the Inland Theater League for his contribution to musical theater and was saluted by the California Senate, the County of San Bernardino, and the City of San Bernardino for his ...
... Best Musical Theater Album Previously awarded Best Sound Track Album or Recording of Original Cast From a Motion Picture or Television ...
... Heisler met composer Zina Goldrich at a musical theater workshop in 1992, and they have been working together since 1993 ... Working with composer Goldrich, Heisler created the musical Adventures in Love — book by Shari Simpson and Charlie Shanian — which premiered in St ... women were chosen to be among the first 12 participants in a program from Musical Theater Works designed to support new musical theater talent while ...
... and libretti, radio interviews, videotapes, musical theater recordings, the Legacy Oral History program, theatrical design research materials, costume and set ... Francisco Municipal Chorus, San Francisco Musical Club, San Francisco Opera, Stern Grove Festival, and others ... major holdings such as sheet music and musical theater ...
Famous quotes containing the words theater and/or musical:
“This ... is an age of specialization, and in such an age the repertory theater is an anachronism, a ludicrous anachronism.”
—Minnie Maddern Fiske (18651932)
“Syncopations are no indication of light or trashy music, and to shy bricks at hateful ragtime no longer passes for musical culture.”
—Scott Joplin (18681917)