- Chongqing (渝), the abbreviation for the Chinese municipality
- Henan (豫), the abbreviation for the Chinese province
- Yü (དབུས།, 衛), a geographic division of Tibet
- Yugoslavia, especially,
- Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia (old ISO country code and derived ccTLD .yu)
- Yu, a village in Pate, Cambodia
- Yu County, Hebei, in China
- Yu County, Shanxi, in Chinaci
- Yu state, an ancient duchy in what is today China overthrown by Duke Xian of Jin
- Yu River (China), in China
- Yu River (Russia), in Russia
Read more about this topic: YU
Other articles related to "places, place":
... For a full list of tourist attractions and places of interest see Places of interest in Buckinghamshire ...
... Darling House Museum - added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1979 Woodbridge Green Historic District - added to the National Register of Historic Places ...
... of charge Whittier is the home to the following places listed in the National Register of Historic Places Pio Pico House, 6003 Pioneer Blvd ...
... Three nations had four places, five nations had three places, thirteen nations had two places, and eleven nations only one place ...
... of the Yorkshire Wolds Way passes close to or through the following places Hessle North Ferriby Melton Welton Brantingham South Cave North Newbald Goodmanham Market Weighton ...
Famous quotes containing the word places:
“The mother whose self-image is dependent on her children places on those children the responsibility for her own identity, and her involvement in the details of their lives can put great pressure on the children. A child suffers when everything he or she does is extremely important to a parent; this kind of over-involvement can turn even a small problem into a crisis.”
—Grace Baruch (20th century)
“Surely the day will come when color means nothing more than skin tone, when religion is seen uniquely as a way to speak ones soul; when birth places have the weight of a throw of the dice and all men are born free, when understanding breeds love and brotherhood.”
—Josephine Baker (19061975)
“All places are alike,
And every earth is fit for burial.”
—Christopher Marlowe (15641593)