Some articles on way:
... Alec Way Jack Way Jack was the father of Alec. ...
More definitions of "way":
- (noun): Doing as one pleases or chooses.
Example: "If I had my way"
- (noun): The condition of things generally.
Example: "That's the way it is"; "I felt the same way"
- (noun): A line leading to a place or point.
Example: "Didn't know the way home"
- (noun): How a result is obtained or an end is achieved.
Example: "The true way to success"
Synonyms: means, agency
- (noun): Any artifact consisting of a road or path affording passage from one place to another.
Example: "He said he was looking for the way out"
- (noun): A portion of something divided into shares.
Example: "The split the loot three ways"
- (noun): How something is done or how it happens.
Example: "A lonely way of life"
Synonyms: manner, mode, style, fashion
- (noun): The property of distance in general.
Example: "It's a long way to Moscow"
- (noun): A journey or passage.
Example: "They are on the way"
- (noun): A general category of things; used in the expression 'in the way of'.
Example: "They didn't have much in the way of clothing"
Famous quotes containing the word way:
“The way up and the way down are one and the same.”
—Heraclitus (c. 535475 B.C.)
“Everybody has that thing where they need to look one way but they come out looking another way and thats what people observe. You see someone on the street and essentially what you notice about them is the flaw. Its just extraordinary that we should have been given these peculiarities.... Something is ironic in the world and it has to do with the fact that what you intend never comes out like you intend it.”
—Diane Arbus (19231971)
“Spig Wead: Ive been thinking what a heel Ive been about you and about my own kids. I dont know, when I do something, I go all the way. Living. Gambling. Flying. I tap myself out. I guess thats the way I want it to be. Maybe even the way I am.
Minne Wead: Star-spangled Spig. Damn the martinis, full speed ahead and dont give up the ship.”
—Frank Fenton, William Wister Haines, co-scenarist, and John Ford. Spig Wead (John Wayne)