Some articles on statement, statements:
... Jump statements transfer control unconditionally ... There are four types of jump statements in C goto, continue, break, and return ... The goto statement looks like this goto The identifier must be a label (followed by a colon) located in the current function ...
More definitions of "statement":
- (noun): (computer science) a line of code written as part of a computer program.
Synonyms: instruction, command, program line
- (noun): A nonverbal message.
Example: "A Cadillac makes a statement about who you are"; "his tantrums are a statement of his need for attention"
- (noun): A fact or assertion offered as evidence that something is true.
- (noun): (music) the presentation of a musical theme.
Example: "The initial statement of the sonata"
- (noun): A document showing credits and debits.
Synonyms: financial statement
- (noun): A message that is stated or declared; a communication (oral or written) setting forth particulars or facts etc.
Example: "According to his statement he was in London on that day"
Famous quotes containing the word statement:
“One is apt to be discouraged by the frequency with which Mr. Hardy has persuaded himself that a macabre subject is a poem in itself; that, if there be enough of death and the tomb in ones theme, it needs no translation into art, the bold statement of it being sufficient.”
—Rebecca West (18921983)
“The honor my country shall never be stained by an apology from me for the statement of truth and the performance of duty; nor can I give any explanation of my official acts except such as is due to integrity and justice and consistent with the principles on which our institutions have been framed.”
—Andrew Jackson (17671845)
“Truth is used to vitalize a statement rather than devitalize it. Truth implies more than a simple statement of fact. I dont have any whisky, may be a fact but it is not a truth.”
—William Burroughs (b. 1914)