Some articles on sound:
... On the Bossanova album, the Precision was used on "Dig for Fire" for its "lazier, growlier sound" that was "not as boingy-boingy-sproingy" ... Bossanova "because it was active and had a different sound" and became her main live bass "because it was a little less country-sounding than the Fender" ... Deal described it as having a "weird, organ-y sound" ...
... One of the signatures of Blizzard games are the unit quotes ... If a single unit is clicked four or more times in a row, the unit's voice samples become increasingly comical ...
6 for piano and electronic sound Morton Feldman – Madame Press Died Last Week at Ninety The Viola in My Life 1, 2 and 3 Luc Ferrari – Presque rien No ... – Expo for three players with short-wave radios, and sound projectionist Mantra for two pianos and live electronics Pole for two players with short-wave radios, and sound projectionist ...
... is employed in the transmission of speech or other sound between points, with or without the use of wires ... telephony is the science of translating sound into electrical signals, transmitting them, and then converting them back to sound that is, the science of telephones ...
... There is no central organizing body for freetekno sound systems or parties ... Sound systems start up between friends ... All artists are invited to contribute and sometimes up to eighty sound systems attend ...
More definitions of "sound":
- (verb): Give off a certain sound or sounds.
Example: "This record sounds scratchy"
- (noun): The subjective sensation of hearing something.
Synonyms: auditory sensation
- (adj): Having legal efficacy or force.
Example: "A sound title to the property"
- (noun): The sudden occurrence of an audible event.
Example: "The sound awakened them"
- (adv): Deeply or completely.
Example: "Is sound asleep"
- (noun): The particular auditory effect produced by a given cause.
Example: "The sound of rain on the roof"; "the beautiful sound of music"
- (verb): Appear in a certain way.
Example: "This sounds interesting"
- (adj): Thorough.
Example: "A sound thrashing"
- (noun): (phonetics) an individual sound unit of speech without concern as to whether or not it is a phoneme of some language.
Synonyms: phone, speech sound
- (verb): Measure the depth of (a body of water) with a sounding line.
- (adj): Financially secure and safe.
Example: "Sound investments"; "a sound economy"
- (noun): The audible part of a transmitted signal.
- (verb): Cause to sound.
Example: "Sound the bell"; "sound a certain note"
- (adj): Free from moral defect.
Example: "A man of sound character"
- (verb): Announce by means of a sound.
Example: "Sound the alarm"
- (adj): Exercising or showing good judgment.
Example: "A sound approach to the problem"; "sound advice"; "no sound explanation for his decision"
Synonyms: healthy, intelligent, levelheaded
- (adj): In good condition; free from defect or damage or decay.
Example: "A sound timber"; "the wall is sound"; "a sound foundation"
- (adj): Reflects weight of sound argument or evidence.
Example: "A sound argument"
Synonyms: reasoned, well-grounded
- (noun): A large ocean inlet or deep bay.
Example: "The main body of the sound ran parallel to the coast"
- (noun): Mechanical vibrations transmitted by an elastic medium.
Example: "Falling trees make a sound in the forest even when no one is there to hear them"
- (noun): A narrow channel of the sea joining two larger bodies of water.
- (adj): In excellent physical condition.
Example: "A sound mind in a sound body"
Famous quotes containing the word sound:
“The Sound of battle fell upon my ear & heart all day yesterdayeven after dark the cannons insatiate roar continued ...”
—Elizabeth Blair Lee (1818?)
“There was never a sound beside the wood but one,
And that was my long scythe whispering to the ground.”
—Robert Frost (18741963)
“It is not the sound made by victors, or the sound made by losers; it is the sound of revelers that I hear.”
—Bible: Hebrew, Exodus 32:18.