Some articles on bolt, bolts:
... Bolt (web browser) Bolt (website), a social networking and video website active from 1996 to 2007 Bolting (horticulture), the early growth of a flowering stalk in a crop plant Redcedar ...
... Penny and Bolt travel to Italy in an effort to find out more, but they get nowhere other than learning of Calico's location in Belize ... to flee the crumbling temple with his new captive, but decides to leave her there with Bolt to die, saying, "As long as the professor believes she's alive, he will do what is asked and finish the ... bad we can't all have nine lives." However, Penny and Bolt survive and discover Calico's new arctic base with a large rocket in the center ...
... In locksmithing, a bolt stump is a rectangular part of a lock located above the talon, and passes through the slot in the levers as the bolt moves ...
... An investigation found that a bolt in one of the stay-chains had snapped at the point where it was attached to the masonry of the ground anchor ... to the ground anchor relied on one bolt rather than two, and the bolt was found to have been badly forged ... A number of other bolts were also bent but had not broken ...
... The bolt is an easily-manufactured assembly, consisting of a tube with a rotating forward baffle and the bolt head (with locking lugs) at one end, a removable handle attached via a threaded ... The receiver and bolt designs make the rifle relatively simple to produce with a left-handed bolt ... The bolt head of the Model 110 is a "floating" design A flat spring located behind the front baffle and bolt head assembly gives the assembly a small amount of free movement lateral to the bore axis ...
More definitions of "bolt":
- (noun): The part of a lock that is engaged or withdrawn with a key.
- (verb): Run away; usually includes taking something or somebody along.
Synonyms: abscond, absquatulate, decamp, run off, go off
- (verb): Swallow hastily.
- (noun): A roll of cloth or wallpaper of a definite length.
- (verb): Move or jump suddenly.
Example: "She bolted from her seat"
- (noun): A sliding bar in a breech-loading firearm that ejects an empty cartridge and replaces it and closes the breech.
- (verb): Make or roll into bolts.
Example: "Bolt fabric"
- (verb): Eat hastily without proper chewing.
Example: "Don't bolt your food!"
- (noun): A screw that screws into a nut to form a fastener.
- (noun): The act of moving with great haste.
- (verb): Secure or lock with a bolt.
Example: "Bolt the door"
Famous quotes containing the word bolt:
“He said there was gold here. He lied. He is not perfect.”
—Robert Bolt (19241995)
“The trick, William Potter, is not minding that it hurts.”
—Robert Bolt (19241995)
“If Jupiter should hurl a bolt whenever men sin,
His armory would quickly be empty.”
—Ovid (Publius Ovidius Naso)