Resolution may refer to:
- Resolution (audio), a measure of digital audio quality
- Resolution (logic), a rule of inference used for automated theorem proving
- Resolution (law), a written motion adopted by a deliberative body
- Resolution (debate), the statement which is debated in policy debate
- Resolution (music), the move of a note or chord from dissonance to consonance
- Resolution (meter), the replacement of one longum with two brevia
- New Year's resolution, a commitment that an individual makes at New Year's Day
- Chiral resolution, a process in stereochemistry for the separation of racemic compounds into their enantiomers
- Resolution (genetics) - cleavage and rejoining (recombination-) steps within an DNA-intermediate to form and release two product molecules. Examples are Holliday junctions formed during recombination or multicomponent circular entities as they arise in the yeast 2μ-circle replication system
- Resolution, a Douglas DC-6 aircraft, BCPA Flight 304, which crashed near San Francisco in 1953
- Resolution (beam engine), an early steam engine at Coalbrookdale
Other articles related to "unresolved":
... Placement unresolved Cuculiformes gen ... Musophagidae – Turacos Veflintornis (Middle Miocene) – formerly Apopempsis Placement unresolved Musophagidae gen ... Oligocene) Neococcyx (Early Oligocene) Cursoricoccyx (Early Miocene) Placement unresolved Cuculidae gen ...
... As the avifauna of the Mascarenes is predominantly of Indian origin though as old as to be highly distinct, it is not clear to which clade these starlings belong—or even if they are indeed starlings, as the Réunion Starling at least was highly aberrant and there have always been lingering doubts about whether they are correctly placed here ... Genus Fregilupus—Réunion Starling (extinct, 1850s) Genus Necropsar—Rodrigues Starling (extinct, late 18th century?) ...
... To discuss the modeling of unresolved scales, first the unresolved scales must be classified ... effects of the discretization are assumed to mimic the physics of the unresolved turbulent motions ...
... ambiguus Sowerby, 1848 Species dubium Not designated Unresolved N ... calcar Linne, 1758 ?Non-cephalopod Foraminifera Lenticulina Adriatic Sea Unresolved Linnean Society of London? N ... crispus Linne, 1758 Undetermined Mediterranean Sea Unresolved Linnean Society of London? N ...
... Unresolved complex mixture (also UCM or hump) is a feature frequently observed in gas chromatographic (GC) data of crude oils and extracts from organisms exposed to oil ... peaks which distract attention from the underlying unresolved complex mixture (UCM) of hydrocarbons often referred to as the ‘hump’ ... It has been shown that both resolved and unresolved components of oils are subject to concurrent biodegradation, i.e ...
Famous quotes containing the word unresolved:
“I put forward formless and unresolved notions, as do those who publish doubtful questions to debate in the schools, not to establish the truth but to seek it.”
—Michel de Montaigne (15331592)
“Suddenly, through birthing a daughter, a woman finds herself face to face not only with an infant, a little girl, a woman-to- be, but also with her own unresolved conflicts from the past and her hopes and dreams for the future.... As though experiencing an earthquake, mothers of daughters may find their lives shifted, their deep feelings unearthed, the balance struck in all relationships once again off kilter.”
—Elizabeth Debold (20th century)