Twist may refer to:
- Twist (cocktail garnish), a decorative piece of citrus zest
- Twist (comic), a comic by John Cook
- Twist (screw theory), in applied mathematics and physics
- Twist (magazine), an American teen magazine
- Twist (poker), a special round in some variants of stud poker
- Twist (ride), a popular amusement ride, often seen on travelling funfairs
- Twist (software), a test automation solution by ThoughtWorks Studios
- Twist (sweets), a Norwegian bag of sweets, now produced in Sweden
- Twist ending, an unexpected conclusion or climax to a work of fiction
- Ellipse Twist, a French hang glider
- French twist (hairstyle), a hair styling technique
- Transaction Workflow Innovation Standards Team (TWIST), a non-profit financial industry standards group
- Twist fungus (Dilophospora alopecuri)
- Twist lifts, a type of lift in pairs figure skating
- Twist tobacco, a type of chewing tobacco
- Twist transcription factor
- Twisting properties in statistics
- Operation Twist, an effort (in 1961, and again in 2011) by the U.S. Federal Reserve to lower long-term interest rates
Other articles related to "twist":
... "Let's Twist Again" is a song written by Kal Mann and Dave Appell, and released as a single by Chubby Checker ... It refers to the Twist dance craze and his 1960 and 1961 re-released single "The Twist", a UK and U.S ... Checker also recorded the song in German as "Der Twist Beginnt" ...
... Official website (German) Website of the Heimathaus Twist a cultural institution known for Blues concerts (German) Website of the museum for crude oil and natural gas (German) ...
... including Roman Polanski's 2005 adaptation of Oliver Twist ... In one musical adaption of Oliver Twist, Monks is portrayed as a young woman named Emma Leeford, trying to give Oliver, now portrayed as a girl named Olivia Twist, a bad name so she may inherit ... Charles Dickens's Oliver Twist Characters Oliver Twist Bill Sikes Fagin Mr ...
... the ending was "quite possibly the coolest twist the series has ever given us." Entertainment Weekly's Marc Bernardin praised the twist, as well as Angela's ... brilliant." and the New York Post who called the Sylar/Nathan twist "probably one of the worst decisions Heroes has ever made ...
... Arias with a Twist is a collaborative play created by drag queen Joey Arias and puppeteer Basil Twist ...
Famous quotes containing the word twist:
“The duce of any other rule have I to govern myself by in this affairand if I had one ... I would twist it and tear it to pieces, and throw it into the fire when I had doneAm I warm? I am, and the cause demands ita pretty story! is a man to follow rulesor rules to follow him?”
—Laurence Sterne (17131768)
“The greatest blunders, like the thickest ropes, are often compounded of a multitude of strands. Take the rope apart, separate it into the small threads that compose it, and you can break them one by one. You think, That is all there was! But twist them all together and you have something tremendous.”
—Victor Hugo (18021885)
“Talk to them about things they dont know. Try to give them an inferiority complex. If the actress is beautiful, screw her. If she isnt, present her with a valuable painting she will not understand. If they insist on being boring, kick their asses or twist their noses. And thats about all there is to it.”
—John Huston (19061987)