Text may refer to:
- the representation of written language
- Text (literary theory), a concept in literary theory
- Another name for a literary work
- A particular Bible passage, sometimes a single verse or verse fragment
- Textbook, a standardized instructional book
- in electronic communication and computing
- Plain text (unformatted text)
- Text file, a type of computer files
- Text display, an electronic alphanumeric display device
- Text mode display
- Text messaging, the sending of short messages by mobile phone
- Text segment, another name for the code segment of a binary executable computer file
- in arts and entertainment
- Text (song), a 2010 song by Mann
- TEXT, a Swedish band formed by 3/4 ex-Refused Members
- TxT (film), a 2006 Filipino horror film.
Other articles related to "text":
... The Linux console (the text seen when X is not running) also interprets them ... Terminal programs for Microsoft Windows designed to show text from an outside source (a serial port, modem, or socket) also interpret them ... Some support for text from local programs on Windows is offered through alternate command processors such as JP Software's TCC (formerly 4NT), Michael J ...
... January 14 Recap Talk 'N Text Phone Pals 111, Air21 Express 109 Araneta Coliseum, Quezon City ABC January 15 Recap Talk 'N Text Phone Pals 87, Air21 Express 90 Araneta Coliseum, Quezon City ABC January 18 Recap ...
... American residents 18 or older could enter the contest by text messaging a request or using the network's website ... GSN charges a $.99 fee for each text message entry, in addition to standard text messaging rates charged by the wireless provider ...
... The following is the Latin text with a doxology, and an English translation by Fr ... Latin text An English translation A more literal rendering Pange, lingua, gloriosi Corporis mysterium, Sanguinisque pretiosi, quem in mundi pretium fructus ventris generosi Rex effudit ...
... stamps were printed and stored, and the text would be overprinted later ... On fully engraved plates, the text color matches the design color, while overprinted blanks have their text in rich black ink ...
Famous quotes containing the word text:
“I would define the poetic effect as the capacity that a text displays for continuing to generate different readings, without ever being completely consumed.”
—Umberto Eco (b. 1932)
“What our eyes behold may well be the text of life but ones meditations on the text and the disclosures of these meditations are no less a part of the structure of reality.”
—Wallace Stevens (18791955)
“The power of a text is different when it is read from when it is copied out.... Only the copied text thus commands the soul of him who is occupied with it, whereas the mere reader never discovers the new aspects of his inner self that are opened by the text, that road cut through the interior jungle forever closing behind it: because the reader follows the movement of his mind in the free flight of day-dreaming, whereas the copier submits it to command.”
—Walter Benjamin (18921940)