Short line or Short Line can refer to:
- Short-line railroad, an independent railroad company that operates over a relatively short distance
- Short Line is also one of the four railroads in the popular board game Monopoly, probably named after the Shore Fast Line, an interurban streetcar line.
- Short Line (bus company), also known as ShortLine, a bus operator in New York State, United States
- Short Line Reading Series, a popular Vancouver literary event presented by Memewar Magazine
- The Short Line, a section of railroad track owned by the Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul and Pacific Railroad between Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota
- Short Line Bridge, part of the track over the Mississippi River
- "Short Line Road", now known as Ayd Mill Road, a parallel highway
- Short Line Subdivision (Ohio), a belt line around Cleveland, Ohio, now owned by CSX
Other articles related to "short line, lines, short":
... Narrow Gauge and Short Line Gazette DeNevi, Don and Hall, Bob (1992) ... Narrow Gauge and Short Line Gazette Dunn, Rich (1982) ... Narrow Gauge and Short Line Gazette Seidensticker, Walter (1980) ...
... During the late 1980s and early 1990s, the CAR abandoned almost all of its branch lines in New Brunswick and Maine except for the St ... Stephen Sub, leaving the railway with its core industrial lines in western Saint John and the mainline McAdam, Mattawamkeag and Moosehead Subs ... All branch lines in northern New Brunswick and Maine were abandoned except for a small industrial spur in Grand Falls, NB ...
... The name “Short Line” refers to the “Short Line Railroad”, one of the four railroads in the popular board game Monopoly ... The term “short line railroad” is used to describe an independent railroad company which runs a short distance, and often “connects” different industries ... The tagline of the Short Line reading series “A space where artists from different circles can connect, debate and collaborate” perhaps refers to this quality of “connecting” ...
... The Short Line Reading Series is a free literary event that takes place at The Railway Club in Vancouver, British Columbia — a venue historical for ... Hosted by Memewar Magazine, the Short Line is advertised as “a space where artists from different circles can connect, debate and collaborate”Empty citation (help) — an idea that its organizers ... members from various Vancouver-based literary groups read short selections of their work (i.e ...
Famous quotes containing the words line and/or short:
“The line of separation was very distinct, and the Indian immediately remarked, I guess you and I go there,I guess theres room for my canoe there. This was his common expression instead of saying we. He never addressed us by our names, though curious to know how they were spelled and what they meant, while we called him Polis. He had already guessed very accurately at our ages, and said that he was forty-eight.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)
“When much intercourse with a friend has supplied us with a standard of excellence, and has increased our respect for the resources of God who thus sends a real person to outgo our ideal; when he has, moreover, become an object of thought, and, whilst his character retains all its unconscious effect, is converted in the mind into solid and sweet wisdom,it is a sign to us that his office is closing, and he is commonly withdrawn from our sight in a short time.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)