Pullman may refer to:
- Pullman (car or coach), various luxurious railway cars, cars, buses or coaches
- Pullman Company, maker of Pullman rail cars
- Pullman porter, a man hired by the Pullman Company to work as porter on sleeping cars
- Pullman (architecture), a long, narrow room
- Pullman F.C., Pullman Company soccer team
- Pullman loaf, a long, square-edged loaf of bread
- Pullman automobile by Pullman Motor Company, maker of automobiles in York, Pennsylvania from 1905-1917
- Humber Pullman, a large automobile manufactured in central England between 1930 and 1954
- Pullman Strike, a major American railroad strike in 1894
- Pullman Memorial Universalist Church, Albion, New York
- York Pullman, a bus operating company
- Pullman train (UK), mainline luxury railway services in Great Britain
- Pullman hotels, a brand part of the French Accor group
- Pullman case or valise, a large piece of luggage; see suitcase
Other articles related to "pullman":
... States Rolling Stock Company) to emulate the company town of Pullman ... Pullman, Chicago, once an independent city within Illinois, owned by the Pullman Sleeping Car Co ...
... The Stobart Pullman drew traction from 5 Class 47 diesel locomotives from the DRS charter pool, repainted into DRS Compass livery ... and carried a dark blue Stobart Pullman livery, with Stobart fleetnames and the chevron S Stobart logo ... The Stobart Pullman crest and wording was applied to the coaches between every other window ...
... William James "Bill" Pullman (born December 17, 1953) is an American actor ... Pullman made his film debut in the supporting role of Earl Mott in the 1986 film Ruthless People ...
... The Stobart Pullman comprised primarily rail tour charter trains, on circular dining trips and the regular scenic railtour routes, and also trips to specific attractions ... The Pullman was also used for private hire and corporate transport ... The Pullman was operated as a fully first class silver service dining train, with catering provided by Premier Train Catering ...
... Pullman is a neighborhood in Richmond, California ... This area was named after the Pullman Company, founded by prolific industrialist George Mortimer Pullman, who in 1910 built the main facility on the 22 acres (89,000 m2) that would someday become ... This facility, named The Pullman Shops, served as the main manufacturing and repair facility for the famous Pullman sleeping car ubiquitous throughout the United States for much of the 20th ...
Famous quotes containing the word pullman:
“If you find that you cant make seventy by any but an uncomfortable road, dont you go. When they take off the Pullman and retire you to the rancid smoker, put off your things, count your checks, and get out at the first way station where theres a cemetery.”
—Mark Twain [Samuel Langhorne Clemens] (18351910)