Proof may refer to:
- Proof (truth), argument or sufficient evidence for the truth of a proposition
- Formal proof
- Mathematical proof, a convincing demonstration that some mathematical statement is necessarily true
- Proof theory, a branch of mathematical logic that represents proofs as formal mathematical objects
- Alcohol proof, a measure of an alcoholic drink's strength
- Artist's proof, a single print taken during the printmaking process
- Galley proof, a preliminary version of a publication
- Prepress proof, a facsimile of press artwork for job verification
- Proof coinage, coins once made as a test, but now specially struck for collectors
- Proofreading, reviewing a manuscript or artwork for errors or improvements
- Proofing (baking technique), the process by which a yeast-leavened dough rises, also called "proving"
- Proof (TV series), an Irish TV drama/thriller
- Proof, 1980 B/W student film by Black-and-white, expanded to Fandango
- Proof (1991 film), an Australian film by Jocelyn Moorhouse
- Proof (play), a play by David Auburn
- Proof (2005 film), a film by John Madden, based on the play
- Proof (rapper) (1973–2006), American rapper and member of D12
- Proof (comics), a comic series from Image Comics
- "Proof", a 1942 hard SF short story by Hal Clement
- "Proof", a song by Coldplay from "Speed of Sound"
- "Proof" (I Am Kloot song), a song by I Am Kloot from their eponymous second album
- "Proof", a song by Paul Simon from The Rhythm of the Saints
- "Proof", a song by Happy Rhodes from Many Worlds Are Born Tonight
- "Proof", a song by angela
- "Proof", a song by Mell
Other articles related to "proof":
... Smale's original proof was indirect he identified (regular homotopy) classes of immersions of spheres with a homotopy group of the Stiefel manifold ... In principle the proof can be unwound to produce an explicit regular homotopy, but this is not easy to do ...
... Proof released a solo album featuring collaborations with 50 Cent, Method Man, Nate Dogg, B-Real of Cypress Hill, T3 of Slum Village, Obie Trice ... Proof said that he did not produce the record with Shady Records or Aftermath because he wanted to "build his own thing" ... Proof has said that he considered Garcia to be a "genius" who suffered from common character flaws ...
... Ancient Age is a 36 month old bourbon, bottled at 80 proof Ancient Age 10 Star is aged 6 years and bottled at 90 proof Ancient Ancient Age is a 10-year-old whiskey and bottled at 86 proof The product line also ...
... (October 2, 1973 – April 11, 2006), better known by his stage name Proof, was an American rapper and actor from Detroit, Michigan ... In 2006, Proof was shot and killed during an altercation at the CCC nightclub in Detroit ...
Famous quotes containing the word proof:
“When children feel good about themselves, its like a snowball rolling downhill. They are continually able to recognize and integrate new proof of their value as they grow and mature.”
—Stephanie Martson (20th century)
“It comes to pass oft that a terrible oath, with a swaggering accent sharply twanged off, gives manhood more approbation than ever proof itself would have earned him.”
—William Shakespeare (15641616)
“The chief contribution of Protestantism to human thought is its massive proof that God is a bore.”
—H.L. (Henry Lewis)