Preservation may refer to:
- Heritage preservation:
- Historic preservation, of buildings, monuments, etc.
- Preservation (library and archival science), of books, recordings, etc.
- Digital preservation, of digitized and born-digital information
- Conservation (ethic), of the natural environment
- Conservation-restoration, of artworks
- Preservative, chemical to hinder deterioration of food, wood, etc.
- Food preservation
- Self-preservation, part of an animal's fundamental instinct which demands that the organism survive
- Case preservation, when computer storage preserves the distinction between upper and lower case
- Preservation: Acts 1 & 2, albums by The Kinks
- Preservation Hall, jazz venue in New Orleans, Louisiana
- Preservation Island Group, Tasmania, Australia:
- Preservation Island
- Preservation Islets
- Assurance (theology), an aspect of Salvation
- Preservation (magazine), published by the National Trust for Historic Preservation
In safety and technology:
- Dust resistant
- Fire resistant
- Thermal resistant
- Impact resistant
Other articles related to "preservation":
... However the line could one day become one of a few heritage railways in Britain to own and operate fully complete branch line as The Poulton Wyre Valley Railway with Thornton for Cleveleys restored and preserved as Headquarters of the group. ...
... NZR donated members of the K and KA classes for preservation, but due to the considerable technical similarities, it chose not to donate a KB ...
... Some or all of the area was designated a national historic landmark district on May 5, 1977 ... By U.S ...
... 1964 Sweet Emma and Her Preservation Hall Jazz Band 1966 Billie and De De Pierce and Their Preservation Hall Jazz Band 1977 New Orleans, Vol. 1989 ... The Best of Preservation Hall Jazz Band 1992 Live 1996 In the Sweet Bye and Bye 1997 Preservation Hall Jazz Band of New Orleans, LA 1998 Because of You 2001 Marching Down Bourbon Street 2004. 2009 ... Billie and De De and Their Preservation Hall Jazz Band (Digital Re-release) 2009 St ...
Famous quotes containing the word preservation:
“The reason why men enter into society, is the preservation of their property; and the end why they choose and authorize a legislative, is, that there may be laws made, and rules set, as guards and fences to the properties of all the members of the society: to limit the power, and moderate the dominion, of every part and member of the society.”
—John Locke (16321704)
“There is something to be said for jealousy, because it only designs the preservation of some good which we either have or think we have a right to. But envy is a raging madness that cannot bear the wealth or fortune of others.”
—François, Duc De La Rochefoucauld (16131680)
“It is my hope to be able to prove that television is the greatest step forward we have yet made in the preservation of humanity. It will make of this Earth the paradise we have all envisioned, but have never seen.”
—Joseph ODonnell. Clifford Sanforth. Professor James Houghland, Murder by Television, just before he demonstrates his new television device (1935)