Pillar or Pillars may refer to:
- An architectural element, similar to a column
- One among a group of principles
- Pillar (band), a Christian rock band
- Pillar (car), the windshield support structure on a car
- Pillar (Lake District), a mountain in the English Lake District
- Paul R. Pillar, retired CIA National Intelligence Officer
- City Pillars, South African football (soccer) club
- Pillar System, a system of government in fictional manga
- Pillar Data Systems, a company making enterprise storage systems
- Pillar box, a free-standing post box in the United Kingdom
- Pillarisation, a term describing the dealings of the Dutch and Belgians in their multicultural societies
- The Pillar, an LGBT publication
- "Pillars" (song), signature song of rock band Sunny Day Real Estate
Other articles related to "pillar":
120.4725°E / -30.51833 120.4725 Pillar Rock 16°24′24″S 123°19′30″E / 16.40667°S 123.325°E / -16.40667 123.325 Pillar Rock 24°52′8″S 113°7′25″E / 24.86889°S 113.12361 ...
... tiang seri / tiang ibu ("shining pillar" / "mother pillar") The main pillar in traditional Malay buildings depa (armspan) A unit of measurement drawn from the armspan of the matriarch of ...
... In 2002, Lester auditioned and began playing for a rock band called Pillar ... with Pillar and visited several other countries ... Lester has appeared on four Pillar albums Re-release of Fireproof(album) Where Do We Go From Here, The Reckoning and For the Love of the Game ...
... death Notes Athanasius the Athonite 1000 Gregory Palamas 1359 Pillar of Orthodoxy and defender of Hesychasm Innocent of Alaska 1879 his The Way Into the ...
... Lot's Wife pillar, a halite pillar on Mount Sodom by the Dead Sea in Israel Lot's Wife (crag), or Sofugan, a deserted Japanese island at the southernmost tip of the Izu archipelago Lot's Wife, a ...
Famous quotes containing the word pillar:
“Nights, I squat in the cornucopia
Of your left ear, out of the wind,
Counting the red stars and those of plum-color.
The sun rises under the pillar of your tongue.”
—Sylvia Plath (19321963)
“The LORD went in front of them in a pillar of cloud by day, to lead them along the way, and in a pillar of fire by night, to give them light, so that they might travel by day and by night. Neither the pillar of cloud by day nor the pillar of fire by night left its place in front of the people.”
—Bible: Hebrew, Exodus 13:21,22.
“In our country the lie has become not just a moral category but a pillar of the State.”
—Alexander Solzhenitsyn (b. 1918)