- Adirondack Phantoms, an American hockey team operating from 2009 onward
- Philadelphia Phantoms, an American hockey team operating from 1996–2009
- Pittsburgh Phantoms (NPSL), a soccer team
- Pittsburgh Phantoms (ABA), a basketball team
- Pittsburgh Phantoms (RHI), a roller hockey team
- Wiesbaden Phantoms, an American football team from Wiesbaden, Germany
- Chris Martin (cricketer) (born 1974), New Zealand cricketer dubbed "The Phantom" in jest for his inability to remain not-out for long while batting
- The Phantom (horse) (born 1985), New Zealand Thoroughbred racehorse
Read more about this topic: Phantom
Other articles related to "sports, sport":
... Football is the most widely-followed sport in Bucharest, with the city having numerous club teams, some of them being known throughout Europe Steaua ... There are sport clubs for ice hockey, rugby union, basketball, handball, water polo and volleyball ... at the Polyvalent Hall, which is also used for other indoor sports such as volleyball and handball ...
... The University of Manchester operates sports clubs via the Athletics Union while student societies are operated by the Students' Union ... The sports societies vary widely in their level and scope ... Many more popular sports operate several university teams and departmental teams which compete in leagues against other teams within the university ...
... Olympia is the home of the Oly Rollers, the local women's flat track roller derby league whose travel team (the Cosa Nostra Donnas) became the 2009 national champions of the Women's Flat Track Derby Association (WFTDA) by winning the national "Declaration of Derby" tournament in Philadelphia, PA on November 15, 2009 ... Olympia is also home to some of the Pacific Northwest's greatest running talents such as the Guerilla Running Racing Club. ...
... aim of stand-up grappling varies according to the martial arts or combat sports in question ... In combat sports, stand-up grappling usually revolves around successful takedowns and throws ... In some sports such as glima, the fight is over once one of the opponents has fallen down ...
Famous quotes containing the word sports:
“In the end, I think you really only get as far as youre allowed to get.”
—Gayle Gardner, U.S. sports reporter. As quoted in Sports Illustrated, p. 87 (June 17, 1991)
“Sweet smiling village, loveliest of the lawn,
Thy sports are fled and all thy charms withdrawn;
Amidst thy bowers the tyrants hand is seen,
And desolation saddens all thy green;
One only master grasps the whole domain,
And half a tillage stints thy smiling plain;”
—Oliver Goldsmith (1730?1774)
“Reading about ethics is about as likely to improve ones behavior as reading about sports is to make one into an athlete.”
—Mason Cooley (b. 1927)