- MOS (filmmaking), term for a scene that is "motor only sync" or "motor only shot"
- MOS (operating system), Soviet Unix clone
- Acorn MOS, an operating system used in the Acorn BBC computer range
- MOS Technology, defunct semiconductor company
- Mean opinion score, a measure of the perceived audio quality of a telephone connection
- Media Object Server, which allows newsroom computer systems and media object servers to exchange information using a standard protocol
- Metal-oxide-semiconductor, used to form a gate in some field effect transistors
- Model output statistics, a weather forecasting technique
Read more about this topic: MOS
Other articles related to "technology":
... The MOS Technology 6510 is a microprocessor designed by MOS Technology, Inc ... and is a modified form of the very successful 6502 ...
... Information technology Institute of technology.it, an Internet top-level domain IT (file format), an audio file format used by Impulse Tracker ...
... Theories of technology often attempt to predict the future of technology based on the high technology and science of the time ...
Famous quotes containing the word technology:
“Our technology forces us to live mythically, but we continue to think fragmentarily, and on single, separate planes.”
—Marshall McLuhan (19111980)
“Technology is not an image of the world but a way of operating on reality. The nihilism of technology lies not only in the fact that it is the most perfect expression of the will to power ... but also in the fact that it lacks meaning.”
—Octavio Paz (b. 1914)
“The real accomplishment of modern science and technology consists in taking ordinary men, informing them narrowly and deeply and then, through appropriate organization, arranging to have their knowledge combined with that of other specialized but equally ordinary men. This dispenses with the need for genius. The resulting performance, though less inspiring, is far more predictable.”
—John Kenneth Galbraith (b. 1908)