Money transfer generally refers to one of the following cashless modes of payment or payment systems:
- Wire transfer, an international expedited bank-to-bank funds transfer
- Electronic funds transfer, an umbrella term mostly used for bank card-based payments
- Email Money Transfer, an online banking transfer between Canadian banks
- Giro, also known as direct deposit
- Money order, transfer by postal cheque, Money Gram or others
- Paypal, transfer by email on Paypal.
It can also refer to the following cash-based wire transfer systems:
- al-Barakat, an informal money transfer system originating in the Arab world
- Hawala (also known as hundi), an informal system primarily used to send money to and from the Middle East, North Africa, the Horn of Africa, and South Asia
- Remittance, transfer of money by a foreign worker to his or her home country
Other articles related to "money transfer":
... Most are credentialed members of the Somali Money Transfer Association (SOMTA) (or its predecessor, the Somali Financial Services Association (SFSA)), an ... Dahabshiil is the largest of the Somali money transfer operators (MTO), having captured most of the market vacated by Al-Barakaat ... Manager of the Year by the International Association of Money Transfer Networks in recognition of the services the firm offers its clients ...
... in Uganda, Botswana and Ghana, people were spontaneously using airtime as a proxy for money transfer ... S Batchelor (Gamos) and N Hughes (Vodafone CSR) discussed how a system of money transfer could be created in Kenya ... Safaricom launched a new mobile phone based payment and money transfer service, known as M-Pesa ...
... First Solution Money Transfer was a UK based private limited company which provided a money transfer service, providing expatriates the facilities to ...
... In October 2007, Western Union announced plans to introduce a mobile money transfer service with the GSM Association, a global trade association representing ... Western Union's mobile money transfer service offering will connect its core money transfer platform to m-bank or m-wallet platforms provided by mobile operators ...
Famous quotes containing the words transfer and/or money:
“If it had not been for storytelling, the black family would not have survived. It was the responsibility of the Uncle Remus types to transfer philosophies, attitudes, values, and advice, by way of storytelling using creatures in the woods as symbols.”
—Jackie Torrence (b. 1944)
“If I were a Brazilian without land or money or the means to feed my children, I would be burning the rain forest too.”
—Sting [Gordon Matthew Sumner] (b. 1951)