Langer is a family name. For the etymology, meaning, and pronunciation of the name, and for the Hiberno-English slang word, see Wiktionary.
People with the family name Langer include:
- A. J. Langer - an American actress
- Albert Langer - an Australian unorthodox marxist
- Allan Langer - an Australian rugby league footballer
- Bernhard Langer - a German golfer
- Clive Langer - a British record producer
- David Langer - a British entrepreneur
- Eli Langer - a Canadian artist
- Ellen Langer - a professor of psychology at Harvard University
- Felicia Langer - Israeli advocate for Palestinian human rights
- Gwido Langer - a Polish cryptologist
- Justin Langer - an Australian cricketer
- Karl Langer - an anatomy professor who named Langer's lines
- Franz Langer and Oberlehrer Franz Langer — the pen names for author Karl May
- Lawrence L. Langer - professor of English emeritus at Simmons College, noted Holocaust scholar
- Maria Langer - an author of computer books
- Mayanti Langer - a Indian TV host and presenter
- Robert S. Langer - an Institute Professor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Scott Langer - a Head Coach and General Manager of the Topeka RoadRunners ice hockey team.
- Susanne Langer - a professor of philosophy
- Walter C. Langer - American psychoanalyst
- William Langer - a United States politician from North Dakota
- William L. Langer - history department chair at Harvard University
- Karla-Heinrike Langer, a character from Strike Witches
|This page or section lists people with the surname Langer. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|
Other articles related to "langer":
... Sylvie Bélanger (born in 1951 in Le Gardeur, Québec, Canada) is an interdisciplinary artist using sound, video, photography and installation ... Bélanger received an MFA from York University, a BFA from Concordia University and a Baccalauréat in Philosophy of Religion from Université de Montréal ... Bélanger was the recipient of the Stauffer Prize, Each year the Canada Council designates up to three Canadian artists who have been awarded an individual arts grant, one in each of the fields ...
... Langer, member of the North Dakota Legislature ... Father of William Langer ... William Langer (1886–1959), State Attorney of Morton County, North Dakota 1914-1916 Attorney General of North Dakota 1916-1920 candidate for Governor of North Dakota 1920 ...
... Bélanger, Sylvie and Lorenzo Buj ... "Sylvie Bélanger." Canadian News Makers ... "Sylvie Bélanger." Redaktion Allegmeines Kunstlerlexikon ...
... The Langer correction is a correction when WKB approximation method is applied to three-dimensional problems with spherical symmetry ... Langer suggested a correction which is known as Langer correction ...
... Milan Langer (born in Prague, 1955) is a Czech pianist ... Langer is best known for his work as a member of the Czech Trio (1994- ) and his recordings for Supraphon on the Czech pre-romantic repertory, such as Václav Tomášek ... Langer is the head of the Prague Conservatory's piano department ...
Famous quotes containing the word langer:
“The trumpets sound, the banners fly,
The glittering spears are ranked ready;
The shouts o war are heard afar,
The battle closes thick and bloody;
But its no the roar o sea or shore
Wad mak me langer wish to tarry;
Nor shout o war thats heard afar,
Its leaving thee, my bonnie Mary.”
—Robert Burns (17591796)
“Philosophical questions are not by their nature insoluble. They are, indeed, radically different from scientific questions, because they concern the implications and other interrelations of ideas, not the order of physical events; their answers are interpretations instead of factual reports, and their function is to increase not our knowledge of nature, but our understanding of what we know.”
—Susanne K. Langer (18951985)
“Art is the objectification of feeling.”
—Susanne K. Langer (18951985)