Impact may refer to:
In science :
- Impact (mechanics), a high force or shock (mechanics) over a short time period
- Impact crater, a meteor crater caused by an impact event
- Impact event, the collision of a meteoroid, asteroid or comet with Earth
- Impact factor, a measure of the citations to a science or social science journal
- IMPACT (computer graphics), a computer graphics architecture for Silicon Graphics computer workstations
In film, television, and radio:
- Impact, a BBC World News weekday programme presented by Mishal Husain or Lyse Doucet.
- Impact (1949 film), a 1949 film noir starring Brian Donlevy and Ella Raines
- Impact (TV mini-series), a 2008 television mini-series starring Natasha Henstridge and David James Elliott
- Impact Wrestling, the primary weekly television program of Total Nonstop Action Wrestling
- Bath Impact, the student newspaper for the University of Bath Students' Union, England
- Impact (action entertainment magazine), a monthly action entertainment magazine that focus on Asian action cinema and anime
- Impact (EC Comics), a 1955 EC Comics comic book
- Impact (Image Comics), an Image Comics comic book character
- Impact (novel), a 2010 novel by Douglas Preston
- Impact (student magazine), a student magazine for the University of Nottingham, England
- Impact Comics, a DC Comics imprint
- Impact Press, an Orlando, Florida-based magazine
- Impact Records, an American record label
- Impact, an album by thrash metal band Dew-Scented
- Impact (Robbie Gold album), an album by Robbie Gold
- IMPACT (organisation), a charitable organization focusing on public and preventative interventions to stop preventable disability
- Impact! Miniatures, a company producing 28mm wargaming figures
- International Multilateral Partnership Against Cyber Threats
- Irish Municipal, Public and Civil Trade Union
- Montreal Impact, a soccer (football) team in Major League Soccer, the top tier of North American professional soccer
- Montreal Impact (1992–2011), predecessor to the above team, that played in several second-level North American leagues during its history
- Impact (typeface), a sans-serif typeface
- Impact, Texas, a town in Taylor County, Texas, USA
Other articles related to "impact":
... An environmental impact statement (EIS), under United States environmental law, is a document required by the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) for certain ... For example, in California, an Environmental Impact Report (EIR) must be submitted to the state for certain actions, as described in the California ...
... protection at the site of their first impact, but continued protection over the remainder of the helmet ... of the EPS is designed to cushion or crush on impact to help prevent head injuries ... very good protection from penetration as in lexan (bulletproof glass) but will not crush on impact, so the outer shell will look undamaged but the inner EPS will be crushed ...
... However, large and sudden inflows of capital with short term investment horizon have negative macroeconomic effects, including rapid monetary expansion, inflationary pressures, real exchange rate appreciation and widening current account deficits ... Especially, when capital flows in volume into small and shallow local financial markets, the exchange rate tends to appreciate, asset prices to rally and local commodity prices to boom ...
... with energy efficient lamps - low environmental impact Improved thermal insulation and airtightness for buildings - low environmental impact Replacing older industrial plant - low environmental ... Can have a positive impact due to reduced emissions ... Newer systems have low environmental impact ...
... The broader impact can be realized by recognizing that if the security-conscious U.S ... DoD had banned FOSS, it is likely many other federal components, state and local governments, corporations, and international groups would have followed suit ...
Famous quotes containing the word impact:
“As in political revolutions, so in paradigm choicethere is no standard higher than the assent of the relevant community. To discover how scientific revolutions are effected, we shall therefore have to examine not only the impact of nature and of logic, but also the techniques of persuasive argumentation effective within the quite special groups that constitute the community of scientists.”
—Thomas S. Kuhn (b. 1922)
“If the federal government had been around when the Creator was putting His hand to this state, Indiana wouldnt be here. Itd still be waiting for an environmental impact statement.”
—Ronald Reagan (b. 1911)
“Television does not dominate or insist, as movies do. It is not sensational, but taken for granted. Insistence would destroy it, for its message is so dire that it relies on being the background drone that counters silence. For most of us, it is something turned on and off as we would the light. It is a service, not a luxury or a thing of choice.”
—David Thomson, U.S. film historian. America in the Dark: The Impact of Hollywood Films on American Culture, ch. 8, William Morrow (1977)