Hooks may refer to:
- bell hooks, American author, feminist, and social activist
- Benjamin Hooks, American civil rights leader
- Brian Hooks, American actor, writer, and director
- Charles Hooks (1768 - 1843) was a United States Representative from North Carolina
- George Hooks, Democratic member of the Georgia Senate
- Jan Hooks, American actress and comedian
- Kevin Hooks, American actor and film director
- Lonna Hooks, the former Secretary of State of New Jersey
- Mitchell Hooks, American artist and illustrator
- Robert Hooks, American actor
- Valerie Brisco-Hooks, Olympic track and field athlete
- Fictional characters
- Laverne Hooks, of Police Academy
- Sports franchises
- The Corpus Christi Hooks, a Minor League team playing in the Texas League.
- Hooks, Texas
- Hooks (grappling) Grappling term for the use of feet and legs to control an opponent.
Other articles related to "hooks":
... is the presence of an anterior, protrudible proboscis that is usually covered with spiny hooks (hence the common name thorny headed worm) ... The proboscis bears rings of recurved hooks arranged in horizontal rows, and it is by means of these hooks that the animal attaches itself to the tissues of its host ... The hooks may be of two or three shapes, usually, longer, more slender hooks are arranged along the length of the proboscis, with several rows of more sturdy, shorter nasal hooks around the base ...
... used on 2,988,636 pages) TemplateWPBannerMeta/hooks/taskforces (used on 2,791,526 pages) TemplateWPBannerMeta/hooks/taskforces/core (used ...
... In 1947, she published in Reader's Digest an article about Matthew "Bones" Hooks (1867–1951), an African American cowboy from Amarillo ... Hooks, who was born to former slaves, was only semiliterate but had an historical consciousness ... Hooks became a leader of the black community in Amarillo and the High Plains ...
... Lonna Hooks is the former Secretary of State of New Jersey ... Governor Whitman said that Secretary Hooks was her business ombudsman as secretary of state ... Prior to her appointment as Secretary of State, Hooks had been an attorney at Schering-Plough, and had served under Whitman at the New Jersey Board of Public ...
Famous quotes containing the word hooks:
“... feminist solidarity rooted in a commitment to progressive politics must include a space for rigorous critique, for dissent, or we are doomed to reproduce in progressive communities the very forms of domination we seek to oppose.”
—bell hooks (b. c. 1955)
“Why is it that many contemporary male thinkers, especially men of color, repudiate the imperialist legacy of Columbus but affirm dimensions of that legacy by their refusal to repudiate patriarchy?”
—bell hooks (b. c. 1955)
“Farewell, Love, and all thy laws for ever:
Thy baited hooks shall tangle me no more;
Senec and Plato call me from thy lore,
To perfect wealth my wit for to endeavour.”
—Sir Thomas Wyatt (1503?1542)