- 1919: Barn náttúrunnar (Child of Nature)
- 1924: Undir Helgahnúk (Under the Holy Mountain)
- 1927: Vefarinn mikli frá Kasmír (The Great Weaver from Kashmir)
- 1931: Salka Valka (Part I) – Þú vínviður hreini
- 1932: Salka Valka (Part II) – Fuglinn í fjörunni
- 1934: Sjálfstætt fólk (Part I, Independent People) – Landnámsmaður Íslands (Icelandic Pioneers)
- 1935: Sjálfstætt fólk (Part II) – Erfiðir tímar (Hard Times)
- 1937: Heimsljós (Part I, World Light) – Ljós heimsins (later named Kraftbirtíngarhljómur guðdómsins)
- 1938: Heimsljós (Part II, The Palace of the Summerland) – Höll sumarlandsins
- 1939: Heimsljós (Part III, The Poet's House) – Hús skáldsins
- 1940: Heimsljós (Part IV, The Beauty of the Sky) – Fegurð himinsins
- 1943: Íslandsklukkan (Part I, Iceland's Bell) – Íslandsklukkan
- 1944: Íslandsklukkan (Part II, The Bright Maiden) – Hið ljósa man
- 1946: Íslandsklukkan (Part III, Fire in Copenhagen) – Eldur í Kaupinhafn
- 1948: Atómstöðin (The Atom Station)
- 1952: Gerpla (The Happy Warriors)
- 1957: Brekkukotsannáll (The Fish Can Sing)
- 1960: Paradísarheimt (Paradise Reclaimed)
- 1968: Kristnihald undir Jökli (Under the Glacier / Christianity at the Glacier)
- 1970: Innansveitarkronika (A Parish Chronicle)
- 1972: Guðsgjafaþula (A Narration of God's Gifts)
Other articles related to "novels, novel":
... is best known for writing gothic and horror novels and short stories ... Some of Brite's better known novels include Lost Souls (1992), Drawing Blood (originally titled Birdland) (1993), and Exquisite Corpse (1996) he has ... The critically acclaimed Liquor novels—Liquor (2004), Prime (2005), and Soul Kitchen (2006)—are dark comedies set in the New Orleans restaurant world.The Value of X (2002) depicts the beginning of the careers of ...
... The first Lone Ranger novel appeared in 1936, and eventually 18 volumes were published, as listed below ... and rewrote parts of later editions of the first novel ...
... She has published to date 22 novels, two of which were converted into film ... Fielding's process of having an idea to the point the novel is finished generally takes a year, the writing itself taking four to eight months ... Joy Fielding sets most of her novels in American cities such as Boston and Chicago ...
... The central project of Brett Young's career was a series of linked novels set in a loosely fictionalised version of the English West Midlands and Welsh Borders ... The Mercian novels were originally inspired by the construction of Birmingham Corporation's Elan Valley Reservoirs from 1893–1904, and the country ... Although linked by recurring characters, each of the Mercian novels can be read as an independent work ...
Famous quotes containing the word novels:
“The light that radiates from the great novels time can never dim, for human existence is perpetually being forgotten by man and thus the novelists discoveries, however old they may be, will never cease to astonish.”
—Milan Kundera (b. 1929)
“Good novels are not written by orthodoxy-sniffers, nor by people who are conscience-stricken about their own orthodoxy. Good novels are written by people who are not frightened.”
—George Orwell (19031950)
“All middle-class novels are about the trials of three, all upper-class novels about mass fornication, all revolutionary novels about a bad man turned good by a tractor.”
—Christina Stead (19021983)