Grange Road

Some articles on grange road, road, grange, roads:

Jessons Church Of England Primary School - Location
... the area was an expanse of open fields, bordered by Grange Road, (a mere track) to the west and Russell Street to the south ... of the school, School Street was built to link Grange Road with another new thoroughfare, Nelson Road ... from the girls and infants, another new road, Grange Street, was added ...
Selwyn College, Cambridge - History
... The college's founders purchased a six acre (24,000 m²) farm land site between Grange Road, West Road and Sidgwick Avenue from Corpus Christi College on 3 November ... indeed, an alternative site on Lensfield Road, where the Catholic Church now stands, was considered but rejected as being too small), however, with the growth of departmental ... on 17 May 1969 on land on the opposite side of Grange Road which was originally owned by Jesus College ...
Grangewood Park - History
... was laid out by John Davidson Smith Esq.) with the road junction at White Horse Farm ... This formed the line of what is now Grange Road ... Wood were cleared before 1850 and the remaining 30 acres (120,000 m2) to the east of Grange Road were developed as a private estate ...
R113 Road - Route
... description of the R113 from the Roads Act 1993 (Classification of Regional Roads) Order 2006 reads R113 Fonthill - Blackrock, County Dublin Between its junction with N4 at Fonthill and its junction with N7 at Newland's ... Top of Temple Hill fork to Stradbrook Road ... Up Newtownpark Avenue Cross the N11 at White's Cross and proceed along Leopardstown Road to the roundabout at Brewery Road (N31)/Sandyford Industrial Estate junction ...
Grange Road Railway Station
... Grange Road was a railway station on the Three Bridges to Tunbridge Wells Central Line which closed in 1967, a casualty of the Beeching Axe ... Wilson, the owner of "The Grange" house, who refused to allow a station on his estate and demanded that the line be deviated through a tunnel ... In deference to Mr Wilson, the station, which opened in March 1860, was named "Grange Road" and later "Grange Road for Crawley Down and Turners Hill" ...

Famous quotes containing the word road:

    There was now no road further, the river being the only highway, and but half a dozen log huts, confined to its banks, to be met with for thirty miles. On either hand, and beyond, was a wholly uninhabited wilderness, stretching to Canada.
    Henry David Thoreau (1817–1862)