3rd Army was commanded by General of Artillery Georg von Küchler. It was based in East Prussia.
- 3rd Army Reserves
- XXI Corps - Commanded by General Nikolaus von Falkenhorst.
- 21st Infantry Division - Commanded by General Kuno-Hans von Both. Consisted of the 3rd, 24th, and 45th Infantry Regiments.
- 228th Infantry Division - Commanded by General Hans Suttner. Consisted of the 325th, 356th, and 400th Infantry Regiments.
- I Corps - Commanded by General Walter Petzel.
- Panzer-Division Kempf - Commanded by General Werner Kempf. Consisted of the 7th Panzer Regiment, and the "Großdeutschland" Motorized Infantry Regiment.
- 11th Infantry Division - Commanded by General Max Bock. Consisted of the 2nd, 23rd, and 44th Infantry Regiments.
- 61st Infantry Division - Commanded by General Siegfried Hänicke. Consisted of the 151st, 162nd, and 176th Infantry Regiments.
- "Wodrig" Corps - Commanded by General Albert Wodrig. (It was later renamed to XXVI Corps.)
- 1st Infantry Division - Commanded by General Joachim von Kortzfleisch. Consisted of the 1st, 22nd, and 43rd Infantry Regiments.
- 12th Infantry Division - Commanded by General Ludwig von der Leyen. Consisted of the 27th, 48th, and 89th Infantry Regiments.
- "Brand" Corps - Commanded by General Fritz Brand.
- "Lötzen" Infantry Brigade - Commanded by General Offenbacher. Consisted of the 161st and 162nd Landwehr Infantry Regiments.
- "Goldap" Infantry Brigade - Commanded by General Notle.
Other articles related to "3rd army, army":
... Chief of staff Leonhard von Blumenthal V Army Corps (V ... von Kirchbach 9th Infantry Division 10th Infantry Division VI Army Corps (VI ... Georg von Tümpling 11th Infantry Division 12th Infantry Division XI Army Corps (XI ...
Famous quotes containing the word army:
“I have been up to see the Congress and they do not seem to be able to do anything except to eat peanuts and chew tobacco, while my army is starving.”
—Robert E. Lee (18071870)