Generator may refer to:
- Signal generator
- Electric generator
- Engine-generator, an electric generator with its own engine
- A member of a generating set
- Generator matrix, a matrix used in coding theory
- Generator (computer programming), a routine that acts like an iterator
- Pseudorandom number generator, a producer of random numbers
- Code generator, part of a compiler
- Natural language generator
- Random test generator, used in software testing
- "Generator" (song), a song by The Foo Fighters
- "Generator" (The Holloways song), a song by The Holloways
- Generator (Bad Religion album), and the album's opening track
- Generator (Aborym album)
- The Generators, a 1997 punk rock band from Los Angeles
- Kix (band), an American glam metal band also known as The Generators
- "Generator", a song on the 1995 Elastica album The Menace
- Popular culture
- Generator Gawl, a 1998 anime series
Other articles related to "generator":
... A shunt generator is a method of generating electricity in which field winding and armature winding are connected in parallel, and in which the armature supplies both the load current and the ... A direct current (DC) generator, not using a permanent magnet, requires a DC field current ... field may be separately excited by a source of DC, or may be connected to the armature of the generator so that the generator also provides the energy required for the field current ...
... The summation generator, created in 1985, by Rainer Rueppel, was a cryptography and security front-runner in the late 1980s ... the early 1990s various attacks against the summation generator eventually led to its fall to a correlation attack ... In 1995 Klapper and Goresky were able to determine the summation generator's sequence in only 219 bits ...
... SeaGen is the world's first large scale commercial tidal stream generator ... It was four times more powerful than any other tidal stream generator in the world at the time of installation ... The first SeaGen generator was installed in Strangford Narrows between Strangford and Portaferry in Northern Ireland in April 2008 and was connected to the grid in July 2008 ...
... of compact PSPMTs for discrete gamma cameras application Patent describing an optical pulse generator Optical pulse generator for system control Light pulse ...
... The Lehmer random number generator (named after D ... sometimes also referred to as the Park–Miller random number generator (after Stephen K ... Miller), is a variant of linear congruential generator (LCG) that operates in multiplicative group of integers modulo n ...
Famous quotes containing the word generator:
“He admired the terrible recreative power of his memory. It was only with the weakening of this generator whose fecundity diminishes with age that he could hope for his torture to be appeased. But it appeared that the power to make him suffer of one of Odettes statements seemed exhausted, then one of these statements on which Swanns spirit had until then not dwelled, an almost new word relayed the others and struck him with new vigor.”
—Marcel Proust (18711922)