Euroberlin France

Euroberlin France was a Franco-German joint venture airline founded in 1988. It was jointly owned by Air France and Lufthansa, with the former holding a 51% stake and the latter the remaining 49%. Euroberlin France's corporate headquarters was located in Paris, France while Berlin Tegel Airport in what used to be West Berlin in the days prior to Germany's unification was its operational headquarters.

The airline commenced commercial operations from Tegel Airport at the start of the 1988-'89 winter timetable with a fleet of four Boeing 737-300 jet aircraft leased from Monarch Airlines. Monarch Airlines supplied all of Euroberlin's flightdeck crew, while Monarch's sister company Monarch Aircraft Engineering provided the maintenance support for the Euroberlin operation at Tegel, under a wet lease agreement. Air France staff at the French flag carrier's Paris headquarters performed all of Euroberlin's administrative functions. As a result of these arrangements, most employees on Euroberlin's payroll were flight attendants. (Groundhandling at Tegel Airport and the other stations served was outsourced to a third party handling agent as well.)

From the start of the 1989 summer season, a fifth Boeing 737-300 was leased from Monarch Airlines.

By 1990, the Euroberlin fleet comprised seven Boeing 737-300s, all of which were leased from Monarch.

Euroberlin's fleet eventually grew to a total of ten aircraft, following the introduction of an additional three 737-300s during the 1990/'91 winter season.

German unification in October 1990 resulted in Air France and Lufthansa adjusting their stakes in Euroberlin so that each airline owned exactly 50% of its share capital. This in turn resulted in the "France" suffix being dropped from the airline's name.

Euroberlin was dissolved at the end of 1994.

Read more about Euroberlin FranceHistory, Code Data

Famous quotes containing the word france:

    Springtime for Hitler and Germany,
    Winter for France and Poland.
    Mel Brooks (b. 1926)