Until World War II there were many Gothic, renaissance and baroque houses in Elbląg's Old Town; some of them are reconstructed. Other preserved buildings are:
- St. Nicholas Cathedral - a monumental 13th century Gothic church (cathedral only from 1992, before it was a parochial church), damaged by fire in the late 18th century, then destroyed in World War II and reconstructed
- city gate (Brama Targowa) - erected in 1319
- St. Mary's Church - former Dominican church, erected in the 13th century, rebuilt in the 14th and 16th centuries; damaged in World War II and reconstructed in 1961 as an art gallery; remnants of cloister are partially preserved
- Holy Ghost church with hospital, from the 14th century
- Corpus Christi church from the 14th century
Read more about this topic: Elbląg
Other articles related to "attractions, tourist, tourist attractions":
... Attractions of Mu Ko Phi Phi Ko Phi Phi Don (เกาะพีพีดอน) covers an area of 28 square km ... Popular attractions are the twin bays with curving beaches of Ao Ton Sai and Ao Lo Da Lam ... The area also boasts the most tourist friendly doctors clinics and pharmacies which tend to be open until quite late ...
... Stamp Votes Percentage RCMP Depot Division (Tourist Attractions) 580 20% Maple Tree (National Emblem) 411 14% Niagara Falls (Tourist Attractions) 403 14% Polar Bear Watching (Tourist Attractions) 247 8% Queen ...
... Tourists visit caves, mountain ranges, and other natural attraction in the region ... The caves have ancient paintings on the cave walls made by early indigenous people who resided here long before the arrival of the Spaniards ...
47 cents N/A N/A Denis L'Allier N/A Quebec City, Quebec 11 May 2001 Tourist Attractions, Apple Blossom Festival 60 cents N/A N/A Bradbury Design N/A Kentville, Nova Scotia 11 May 2001 Tourist Attractions ... John's, Newfoundland 11 May 2001 Tourist Attractions, Barkerville $1.05 N/A N/A Bradbury Design N/A St ... John's, Newfoundland 11 May 2001 Tourist Attractions, Canadian Tulip Festival $1.05 N/A N/A Bradbury Design N/A St ...
Famous quotes containing the words attractions and/or tourist:
“The world,this shadow of the soul, or other me, lies wide around. Its attractions are the keys which unlock my thoughts and make me acquainted with myself. I run eagerly into this resounding tumult. I grasp the hands of those next to me, and take my place in the ring to suffer and to work, taught by an instinct, that so shall the dumb abyss be vocal with speech.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)
“The tourist who moves about to see and hear and open himself to all the influences of the places which condense centuries of human greatness is only a man in search of excellence.”
—Max Lerner (b. 1902)