Charley may refer to:
- Hurricane Charley (disambiguation), the name of several tropical cyclones, namely the storm which impacted Florida in 2004
- Charley Pollard, a character from the audio plays based on the television series Doctor Who
- Charley Says was a series of UK public information films made during the 1970s
- Charley, Leicestershire, a parish in Leicestershire
- Charley Dewberry, the marine ecology expert and author
- Charley Eugene Johns, American politician
- Charley River, river in Alaska
- Charley Riley, Boxing Hall of Fame-member
- Charley Straight, American pianist, bandleader and composer
- Charley Pemberton, son of John Pemberton, the inventor of Coca-Cola
- Charley Trippi, professional American football player
- Scarface Charley, chief of the Modoc tribe of Native Americans
- Charley Thornton, important American college sports figure
- Charley Chase, American comedian, screenwriter and film director
- Charley Pell, University of Florida football coach
- Charley Pride, country singer
- Charley Steiner, American sportscaster
- Charley Reese, American syndicated columnist
- Charley Ross, murder victim; first American kidnapping victim for purely ransom reason
- Charley Toorop, Dutch artist
- Charley (1940s cartoon)
Other articles related to "charley":
... Charley Lincoln (also known as Charley Hicks or Laughing Charley) (March 11, 1900 – September 28, 1963), was an early American country blues musician ... He was born Charley Hicks in Lithonia, Georgia, United States ... After Robert's early death in 1931, Charley Lincoln continued to perform into the 1950s ...
... Charley Pearl is the heir to a toothpaste empire's fortune ... Charley is engaged to be married to the daughter of Lew Horner, a foul-mouthed, hot-tempered Hollywood studio mogul ... Horner is concerned that Charley has no ambition of any kind and no apparent guilt about it ...
... Charley Dixon, portrayed by Dean Winters, is Sarah Connor's fiance in 1999 before she leaves him, fearing discovery of her true identity and thus her son John's death ... Trust Bank of Los Angeles in which Sarah and John are assumed to be killed, Charley comes to Los Angeles to see the rubble for himself ... Eight years later, Charley immediately recognizes Sarah and John from the television news reports of their nude appearance in the middle of Interstate Highway 105 (the bank ...
... Charley Appleby is a hardware store owner whose frugality and commitment to his job have enabled his family to avoid poverty during the Great Depression ... Charley is visited by a shabby-looking angel (Harry Morgan) who appears visible only to him ... The angel tells Charley that his time will soon be up, and the shopkeeper decides to become religious, patch relations with his family, sell his business, and do the best he can to be a good father ...
... "Charley, My Boy" is a song written by Gus Kahn and Ted Fiorito in 1924 ... The refrain is four lines, of which the first two are Charley, my boy oh, Charley, my boy You thrill me, you chill me, with shivers of joy It is sung ... not so good in a crowd, But when you get him alone, You'd Be Surprised In 1949, "Charley" was recorded on the Decca Records label by the Andrews Sisters as ...
Famous quotes containing the word charley:
“Twenty years ago I wanted to move to a nice place so our Charley would grow up a nice boy and learn a profession. But instead we live in a jungle, so he can only be a wild animal. Dyou think I picked the East Side like Columbus picked America?”
—Abraham Polonsky (b. 1910)