Burst may refer to:
- Burst mode (disambiguation), a mode of operation where events occur in rapid succession
- Burst transmission, a term in telecommunications
- Burst switching, a feature of some packet-switched networks
- Bursting, a signaling mode of neurons
- Burst mode (firearm), a firearm mode that fires a predetermined number of rounds
- Burst phase, a feature of the PAL television format
- Burst fracture, a type of spinal injury
- Burst charge, a component of some fireworks
- Burst noise, type of electronic noise that occurs in semiconductors.
- Burst finish, a two- or three-color faded effect applied to musical instruments. Sunburst is best known.
- Burst refresh, the refreshing of an entire RAM memory at once.
Burst may also refer to:
- Burst (village), a village in Erpe-Mere
- Burst.com, a software company
- Burst Radio, the University of Bristol student radio station
- Burst (band), a Swedish progressive metal band
Other articles related to "burst":
... The S T Daewoo K11 DAW (Dual-barrel Air-burst Weapon) is an assault rifle chambered to fire 5.56x45mm NATO rounds, as well as 20x30mm air-burst smart grenade ... a few meters from the target, yielding an air burst effect capable of killing targets within a 6 m area and seriously wounding those within a 8 m area ...
... For the first time in the series, a Nekketsu Burst Gauge is added, where player's can improve the teams attack and defence with a full gauge ... when hitting opponent or being hit, but loses when using a burst, or holding on the ball for an extended time period ... The team ability obtained depending on burst types, which can be chosen between matches Ultimate All shots becomes supershots ...
... A burst fracture is a type of traumatic spinal injury in which a vertebra breaks from a high-energy axial load (e.g ... The burst fracture is categorized by the "severity of the deformity, the severity of (spinal) canal compromise, the degree of loss of vertebral body height ...
... The burst pressure for the tri-dimensional burst disk used in the Scott is 4800psi ... They have a burst pressure of 12,000 psi ...
Famous quotes containing the word burst:
“And no one puts new wine into old wineskins; otherwise, the wine will burst the skins, and the wine is lost, and so are the skins; but one puts new wine into fresh wineskins.”
—Bible: New Testament, Mark 2:22.
“and wait and watch until
The fattening dots burst into nimble-
—Seamus Heaney (b. 1939)
“Chipmunks jump, and
Rather burst than
Not be with her.”
—Donald Hall (b. 1928)