Bosch (, also spelled Bosc in modern Catalan) is a popular surname in Catalan and Dutch that means 'forest'.
- Carl Bosch (1874-1940), German chemist, Nobel laureate, and engineer
- David Bosch (1929-1992), South African missionary and author
- Don Bosch (born 1942); former Major League Baseball player
- Edith Bosch (born 1980), Dutch Judoka
- Ernesto Bosch (1863-1951), Argentine Foreign Minister and Central Bank official
- Francisco Bosch (born 1982), actor and dancer born in Valencia, Spain
- Gerard Bosch van Drakestein (1887–1972), Dutch track cyclist
- Hieronymus Bosch (1450-1516), Dutch painter
- Hugo Ritter von Bosch (1782–1865), Bavarian Lieutenant General and Acting War Minister
- Jaime Milans del Bosch, Spanish general
- Johnny Yong Bosch, American television actor and voice actor
- Juan Bosch (1909-2001), Dominican politician and writer
- Kyle Vanden Bosch (born 1978), National Football League player
- Marcelo Bosch (born 1984), Argentine rugby player
- Orlando Bosch (1926-2011), Cuban exile accused of anti-Castro terrorism
- Pere Bosch-Gimpera (1891-1974), Catalan-born Mexican archaeologist/anthropologist
- Robert Bosch (1861-1942), German industrialist, founder of Robert Bosch GmbH
- Tertius Bosch (1966-2000), South African cricketer
Read more about this topic: Bosch
Other articles related to "people":
... for water rights, is one of the most well-known examples of the lengths people will go to in order to secure adequate water supplies ... said "We've been in crisis for quite some time because we're now 38 million people and not anymore 18 million people like we were in the late 60s ...
... Further information List of people from Bitola Some notable people born in Bitola are Nikolce Noveski, footballer Karolina Gočeva, singer Hristijan ...
... death, Mumbai Police Commissioner Satyapal Singh said "I appeal to people to remain calm and maintain law and order ... People came from across Maharashtra for his funeral including the party's strongholds of Thane, Raigad, Pune, Aurangabad and Konkan regions ... Police said that 200,000 people walked alongside the hearse and were later joined by others on the way to the cremation site ...
... The population density was 3,208.8 people per square mile (1,238.9/km²) ... The Census reported that 64,044 people (99.7% of the population) lived in households, 97 (0.2%) lived in non-institutionalized group quarters, and 93 (0 ... The population was spread out with 15,792 people (24.6%) under the age of 18, 5,574 people (8.7%) aged 18 to 24, 13,848 people (21.6%) aged 25 to 44, 21,414 people (33.3%) aged 45 to 64, and 7,606 ...
Famous quotes containing the word people:
“There were honest people long before there were Christians and there are, God be praised, still honest people where there are no Christians. It could therefore easily be possible that people are Christians because true Christianity corresponds to what they would have been even if Christianity did not exist.”
—G.C. (Georg Christoph)
“Our leading men are not of much account and never have been, but the average of the people is immense, beyond all history. Sometimes I think in all departments, literature and art included, that will be the way our superiority will exhibit itself. We will not have great individuals or great leaders, but a great average bulk, unprecedentedly great.”
—Walt Whitman (18191892)
“Will the people in the cheaper seats clap your hands? All the rest of you, if youll just rattle your jewelry.”
—John Lennon (19401980)