Roles of A Biomedical Engineer in A Hospital
- Advise and assist in the application of instrumentation in clinical environments.
- Provide leadership, guidance, support and supervision to the section staff and take responsibility in the day to day operation of the clinics.
- Evaluate the safety, efficiency, and effectiveness of biomedical equipment.
- Ensure that all medical equipment is properly maintained and documented.
- Provide engineering and technical expertise on all matters related to medical technology, especially in the process of planning, review, evaluation, and specification of medical equipment.
- Install, adjust, maintain, and/or repair biomedical equipment. Evaluate, negotiate and manage service contracts.
- Adapt or design computer hardware or software for medical science uses.
- Develop and provide a comprehensive in-service education program on the safe and effective use of medical equipment for both medical and nursing staff.
- Advise hospital administrators on the planning, acquisition, and use of medical equipment.
- Develop and implement short and long term strategies for the development and direction of the department to effectively manage medical equipment and technology in the clinics.
- Minimize, investigate and rectify hazard risks associated with medical equipment use.
- Perform other duties within the scope of the job and its technical capacity and expertise.
Read more about this topic: Biomedical Engineering
Other articles related to "roles of a biomedical engineer in a hospital, biomedical, hospitals, roles of, engineers":
... Clinical engineering is the branch of biomedical engineering dealing with the actual implementation of medical equipment and technologies in hospitals or other clinical settings ... Major roles of clinical engineers include training and supervising biomedical equipment technicians (BMETs), selecting technological products/services and logistically ... Clinical engineers also advise and collaborate with medical device producers regarding prospective design improvements based on clinical experiences ...
Famous quotes containing the words roles of, hospital, engineer and/or roles:
“There is a striking dichotomy between the behavior of many women in their lives at work and in their lives as mothers. Many of the same women who are battling stereotypes on the job, who are up against unspoken assumptions about the roles of men and women, seem to acceptand in their acceptance seem to reinforcethese roles at home with both their sons and their daughters.”
—Ellen Lewis (20th century)
“The church is a sort of hospital for mens souls, and as full of quackery as the hospital for their bodies. Those who are taken into it live like pensioners in their Retreat or Sailors Snug Harbor, where you may see a row of religious cripples sitting outside in sunny weather.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)
“A good scientist is a person with original ideas. A good engineer is a person who makes a design that works with as few original ideas as possible. There are no prima donnas in engineering.”
—Freeman Dyson (b. 1923)
“A concern with parenting...must direct attention beyond behavior. This is because parenting is not simply a set of behaviors, but participation in an interpersonal, diffuse, affective relationship. Parenting is an eminently psychological role in a way that many other roles and activities are not.”
—Nancy Chodorow (20th century)