Billion may refer to:
- Long and short scales
- 1,000,000,000 (number), one thousand million, 109, in the short scale
- 1,000,000,000,000 (number), one million million, 1012, in the long scale
In other usage:
- Billon (alloy), alloy of precious metal
- Billion (company), a modem manufacturer
- Golden billion, a Russian term for the wealthy people of the developed world
- Jack Billion (born 1939), the 2006 Democratic Party candidate for governor of South Dakota
- Mr. Billion, 1977 film by Jonathan Kaplan
- Billion laughs, XML parser vulnerability
Other articles related to "billion":
... sold Gross revenue Gross revenue Pac-Man 1980 526,412 3503 !$3.503 billion 7616 !$7.616 billion Street Fighter 1987 500,000 1500 !$1.5 billion 2400 !$2.4 ...
2008, Zain Group announced the completion of its capital increase raising US$4.49 billion (KWD1.2 billion) with 29% of all shareholders subscribing ... The number of subscribed shares exceeded 1.4 billion, bringing the total number of Zain shares to 4.28 billion with total shareholders’ equity reaching US$6.42 billion ...
... is the most distant known blazar (redshift 5.47 / 12.2 billion light years), discovered in July, 2004 ... is a supermassive black hole (SMBH) approximately 2 billion times the mass of the Sun (the mass of the Milky Way Galaxy is around 580 billion solar masses) ...
... Over one billion tires are manufactured annually, making the tire industry a major consumer of natural rubber ... In 2015 alone, 1.72 billion tires are expected to be sold globally ... In 2004, $80 billion of tires were sold worldwide, in 2010 it was $140 billion ...
Famous quotes containing the word billion:
“... men and women are not yet free.... The slavery of greed endures. Little child workers, the hope of the future, are sacrificed to industry. Young men are sent out by the billion to die for profits.... We must destroy industrial slavery and build industrial democracy.... The people everywhere must come into possession of the earth [second, third, and fourth ellipses in source].”
—Sara Bard Field (18821974)
“Even one billion Chinese do not a superpower make.”
—John Lukacs (b. 1924)
“SING a song of sistence
Pocket full of Eye
Two billion Turtle-doves
Mourning in a sty”
—Allen Tate (18991979)