- 1999 Acquisition of Carma AG in Switzerland
- 2002 Acquisition of the Stollwerck Group in Germany
- 2003 Acquisition of Dutch Group Graverboom B.V. (including Luijckx B.V.)
- 2004 Acquisition of the vending mix business of AM Foods in Sweden
- 2004 Opening of a sales office in Tokyo, Japan
- 2005 Opening of a chocolate factory in California, U.S.
- 2007 Opening of a chocolate factory in Chekhov (near Moscow), Russia
- 2007 Major outsourcing contracts with Nestlé, Hershey's and Cadbury
- 2007 Acquisition of a cocoa factory in Eddystone, Pennsylvania, U.S.
- 2008 Opening of a chocolate factory in Suzhou (near Shanghai), China
- 2008 Signing of the acquisition of chocolate production capacity from Morinaga & Company, Japan
- 2008 Opening of Chocolate Academies in Suzhou (China), Zundert (Netherlands), Mumbai (India), Chekhov (Russia) and Chicago (U.S.)
- 2008 Acquisition of a 60% stake in KL-Kepong Cocoa Products Sdn Bhd in Malaysia
- 2008 Strategic partnership with Biolands of Tanzania
- 2008 Sale of African consumer business
- 2008 Opening of a specialty factory for frozen pastry in Alicante, Spain
- 2009 Opening of a chocolate factory in Monterrey, Mexico
- 2010 Opening of a chocolate factory in Extrema, Brazil
- 2011 Acquisition of a chocolate factory in Toluca, Mexico
- 2011 Sale of Stollwerck to Baronie Group
Other articles related to "company history, company":
... He founded the company in 1930 under the name Barceló Co in Santo Domingo in the Dominican Republic, having arrived in the country in 1929 ... Exports grew and the company began distribution outside of the Caribbean and America ... In 1992, the company began an international campaign and, by 1994, Ron Barceló was exported to over 10 countries, with Spain as its biggest consumer ...
... Operating Officer Larry House as a physician practice management (PPM) company ... After going public in 1995, MedPartners quickly became the largest PPM company through many acquisitions (see Ross-Loos Medical Group) ... as a unit of Baxter International and was spun off from Baxter in 1992 as a publicly traded company ...
Famous quotes containing the words history and/or company:
“The history is always the same the product is always different and the history interests more than the product. More, that is, more. Yes. But if the product was not different the history which is the same would not be more interesting.”
—Gertrude Stein (18741946)
“We have nothing to fear and a great deal to learn from trees, that vigorous and pacific tribe which without stint produces strengthening essences for us, soothing balms, and in whose gracious company we spend so many cool, silent and intimate hours.”
—Marcel Proust (18711922)