Ascent or The Ascent may refer to:
- Ascent Solar, a solar power company in the United States
- Ascent Media, a holding company
- The Ascent at Roebling's Bridge, a residential building in Covington, Kentucky
- Times Ascent, a weekly supplement of The Times of India newspaper
- Ascent (journal), a literary journal based at Concordia College
- Ascent (novel), by Jed Mercurio
- Kodiyettam (Ascent), an Indian film written and directed by Adoor Gopalakrishnan
- The Ascent, a 1977 Soviet film set in World War II
- "The Ascent" (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine), a 1996 episode of the television series Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
- Colorado Springs Ascent, a defunct American soccer team
- Ascent, a typographic measurement
- The Ascent (album), a 2013 album by rapper Wiley
- Ascent (magazine), an independent, not-for-profit magazine
Read more about Ascent: See Also
Other articles related to "ascent":
... Third ascent of the route, first woman to redpoint it ... The free ascent links the full pitch, bypassing the anchors partway up the route ... First free ascent, team style with Dean Potter ...
... group of Bryn, Schjelderup and Rubinson had shortly before finished the first successful ascent of Stetind, on 30 July ... Two days later, on 3 August, the same group made the first ascent of Trakta, one of the most difficult summits to reach in Norway ...
... Wicklow, was a merchant with little or no mountaineering experience who was famous for his first ascent of the Eiger on 11 August 1858 ... north face – The White Spider (1959) – noted that Barrington would have attempted the first ascent of the Matterhorn instead, but he did not have enough money to travel to ... After the ascent, Charles Barrington returned to Ireland and never visited the Alps again ...
... The first ascent was made by William J ... The peak's second ascent and first ascent of the sheer 2200 foot southeast face was made in 1968 by Harthon "Sandy" Bill, Tom Frost, and James McCarthy ... The first free ascent of the McCarthy-Frost-Bill route was completed by Steve Levin, Mark Robinson and Sandy Stewart in 1977 ...
... The Ascent at Roebling's Bridge is a residential building in Covington, Kentucky, in the greater Cincinnati area ... Wall Street Journal, have associated the Ascent with a trend toward signature architecture for residential buildings ...
Famous quotes containing the word ascent:
“I lay awake awhile, watching the ascent of the sparks through the firs, and sometimes their descent in half-extinguished cinders on my blanket. They were as interesting as fireworks, going up in endless, successive crowds, each after an explosion, in an eager, serpentine course, some to five or six rods above the tree-tops before they went out.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)
“We are adapted to infinity. We are hard to please, and love nothing which ends: and in nature is no end; but every thing, at the end of one use, is lifted into a superior, and the ascent of these things climbs into daemonic and celestial natures.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)