In Other Fields
- Arts and entertainment
- In the title of the John Buchan novel and subsequent films (one by Alfred Hitchcock), The Thirty-Nine Steps
- The age American comedian Jack Benny claimed to be for more than 40 years
- "39" is a song by The Cure on their album "Bloodflowers"
- "39" is a song by Tenacious D on their album "Rize of the Fenix"
- "'39" is a track on Queen's album A Night At the Opera. If the tracks on Queen's original studio albums are numbered in sequential order starting with their first, "'39" does in fact fall in the thirty-ninth position
- The retired jersey number of former baseball player Roy Campanella
- The book series "The 39 Clues" revolves around 39 clues hidden around the world.
- Glorious 39 is a 2009 drama film set at the beginning of World War II
- In the CBS reality show Survivor, contestants compete for 39 days.
- The number of signers to the United States Constitution, out of 55 members of the Philadelphia Convention delegates
- The traditional number of times citizens of Ancient Rome hit their slaves when beating them, referred to as "Forty save one"
- The duration, in nanoseconds, of the nuclear reaction in the largest nuclear explosion ever performed (Tsar bomb)
- The number of Scud missiles which Iraq fired at Israel during the Gulf War in 1991
- The code for international direct-dialed phone calls to Italy
- I-39 is the designation for a US interstate highway from Normal, Illinois to Wausau, Wisconsin. I-39 is the 39th shortest of the primary "two digit" Interstates.
- Japanese Internet chat slang for "thank you" when written with numbers (3=san 9=kyu)
- Pier 39 in San Francisco
- The number of the French department Jura
- In Afghanistan, the number 39 is considered unlucky, due to the belief that it is associated with pimps.
Read more about this topic: 39 (number)
Other articles related to "fields":
... In analog television, each frame is divided into two consecutive fields, one containing all even lines, another with the odd lines ... The fields are captured in succession at a rate twice that of the nominal frame rate ... systems have a rate of 25 frames/s or 50 fields/s, while the NTSC system delivers 29.97 frames/s or 59.94 fields/s ...
Famous quotes containing the word fields:
“Or seen the furrows shine but late upturned,
And where the fieldfare followed in the rear,
When all the fields around lay bound and hoar
Beneath a thick integument of snow.
So by Gods cheap economy made rich
To go upon my winters task again.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)