Some articles on margin:
... The static center of gravity margin (c.g ... margin) or static margin is the distance between the center of gravity (or mass) and the neutral point ... lie ahead of the neutral point for positive stability (positive static margin) ...
More definitions of "margin":
- (noun): A permissible difference; allowing some freedom to move within limits.
Synonyms: allowance, leeway, tolerance
- (noun): (finance) the net sales minus the cost of goods and services sold.
Synonyms: gross profit, gross profit margin
- (noun): A strip near the boundary of an object.
Example: "He jotted a note on the margin of the page"
- (noun): The blank space that surrounds the text on a page.
- (noun): The amount of collateral a customer deposits with a broker when borrowing from the broker to buy securities.
Synonyms: security deposit
Famous quotes containing the word margin:
“I love a broad margin to my life.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)
“Everything that explains the world has in fact explained a world that does not exist, a world in which men are at the center of the human enterprise and women are at the margin helping them. Such a world does not existnever has.”
—Gerda Lerner (b. 1920)
“Will not a tiny speck very close to our vision blot out the glory of the world, and leave only a margin by which we see the blot? I know no speck so troublesome as self.”
—George Eliot [Mary Ann (or Marian)