There are two times listed on the invitation: 恭候 (greeting) and 入席 (reception). Typically, they are at least two hours apart (some may be four hours). The first one is the time the groom and bride, along with their family, will be ready to receive guests and greet them; the second one is the time the reception/banquet will start. The gap between those hours is referred to as entertainment time. Very often, the restaurant will provide poker and májiàng (麻將) for gambling; the time can also be used to socialize with other guests and take photos with the bride/groom and their families. Nowadays, in the U.S., you are less likely to see májiàng being played before the banquet; it is often replaced by a cocktail party. However, if the wedding reception takes place in southern China, Hong Kong, Macau, and even parts of Canada (where there is a large Cantonese population), májiàng might still be played before the dinner.
Other articles related to "timing":
Timing is the time when something happens or the spacing of events in time.
Timing may also refer to:
- Timing (comedy), use of rhythm, tempo and pausing to enhance comedy and humour
- Timing (linguistics), rhythmic division of time into equal portions by a language
- Timing (music), ability to "keep time" accurately and to synchronise to an ensemble
- Color timing, photochemical process of altering and enhancing the color of an image
- Ignition timing, timing of piston and crankshaft so that a spark will occur near the end of the compression stroke
- Market timing, by attempting to predict future market price movements
- Timekeeping, the process of measuring the passage of time
- Synchronization, timing a process relative to another process
... estimate from playback of the vocal and piano reduction scores, total timing of the piece is as follows ...
... Graham III, was the Director of Timing Scoring for the Indianapolis 500 from 1978-97 ... the 1st fully automatic electronic race timing and scoring system and introduced many of the timing-and-scoring procedures now used in American open-wheel racing ...
... It has been designed for timing and styling of subtitles, as well as the creation of karaoke ... Features include support for timing to both audio and video, and can use many video processing bindings to process those, such as FFmpeg and Avisynth ... In fansubbing terms, Aegisub is used for translating, timing, editing, typesetting, quality checking, karaoke timing and karaoke effecting ...
... estimates of the time to reinforcement delivery using a scalar-timing process ... This scalar-timing process rescales estimates for different values of the interval being timed ... Scalar-timing implies a constant coefficient of variation ...