Spiny rat may refer to:
- Echimyidae, a family of South and Central American rats known as "spiny rats"
- Echiothrix, a rat genus from Sulawesi
- Maxomys, a genus of Southeast Asian rats
- Large New Guinea spiny rat (Rattus praetor), a rat species from New Guinea and nearby islands
- Small spiny rat or Stein's rat (Rattus steini), a rat species from New Guinea
- Mindanao spiny rat (Tarsomys echinatus) from Mindanao
- Tokudaia, a rat genus from the Ryukyu Islands
Other articles related to "rat, spiny rat, spiny":
... The New Guinea Waterside Rat, Parahydromys asper, is the only member of the genus Parahydromys ... It is commonly called the "Guinea Rat." Extant species of subfamily Murinae Kingdom Animalia · Phylum Chordata · Class Mammalia · Superorder Euarchontoglires · Order Rodentia · Family Muridae Aethomys ... bocagei) · red rock rat (A ...
... Aethomys Division Aethomys Bocage's Rock Rat (A ... bocagei) · Red Rock Rat (A ... chrysophilus) · Grant's Rock Rat (A ...
... The Broad-headed Spiny Rat, Clyomys laticeps, or Brown-headed Spiny Rat, is a spiny rat species from South America ...
... The Long-tailed Spiny-rat, Proechimys longicaudatus, is a spiny rat species from South America ...
Famous quotes containing the word rat:
“A rat crept softly through the vegetation
Dragging its slimy belly on the bank
While I was fishing in the dull canal
On a winter evening round behind the gashouse
Musing upon the king my brothers wreck
And on the king my fathers death before him.”
—T.S. (Thomas Stearns)