Sheet may refer to:
- A flat piece of cloth, paper, or other material
- Bed sheet, a piece of cloth used to cover a mattress
- A piece of paper
- Balance sheet, a financial summary of assets and liabilities
- Sheet music, a form of musical notation
- A slang term for one pound sterling or similar currency in the United Kingdom
- Sheet metal
- The playing surface in the sport of curling
- An ice sheet, a mass of glacier ice
- A Cheat-sheet, a concise set of notes used for quick reference
- A kind of complex plane in mathematics
- A level or section of an early video game (particularly single screen arcade games)
- A kind of dialog box in graphical user interfaces
- Sheet (sailing), a rope, cable or chain used to control a sail
- Sheet, Hampshire
- A song on the album Pig Lib by Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks
Other articles related to "sheets, sheet":
... In most newspapers and magazines, the booklet-like format is accomplished by folding large sheets of paper in half ... Under this technique, each sheet of paper is actually four separate pages of the finished product ... next to each other on the front of the sheet, with the other two likewise on the reverse side ...
... Sheet A 10 ... Final Canada (Laliberte) 0 ... X 3 Ontario (Bodogh) 3 ... X 9 Sheet B 10 ... Final Quebec (Marchand ...
... Session 12 ... March, 1100 Draw 1 - Sheet A 6 ... Final Great Britain (Duffy) 3 ... Switzerland (Bucher) 4 ... Draw 1 - Sheet B 6 ... Final Denmark (Ørbæk) 3 ... Canada (Daw) 0 ...
... Sheet A 10 ... Final New Brunswick (Hutton) 0 ... X 4 Newfoundland (Phillips) 2 ... X 9 Sheet B 10 ... Final Canada (Laliberte) 1 ... X 9 ...
... printing projects are placed on a common paper sheet in an effort to reduce printing costs and paper waste ... Gang runs are generally used with sheet-fed printing presses and CMYK process color jobs, which require four separate plates that are loaded into the press ... It takes up to 250 sheets for a "make ready," which is the process of getting the plates inked up and the ink levels set correctly ...
Famous quotes containing the word sheet:
“And he was
there in the hall, flat on a sheet of blood that
ran down the stairs. I did appreciate it. There are few
hosts who so thoroughly prepare to greet a guest
only casually invited, and that several months ago.”
—Frank OHara (19261966)
“There is a continual exchange of ideas between all minds of a generation. Journalists, popular novelists, illustrators, and cartoonists adapt the truths discovered by the powerful intellects for the multitude. It is like a spiritual flood, like a gush that pours into multiple cascades until it forms the great moving sheet of water that stands for the mentality of a period.”
—Auguste Rodin (18491917)
“Some days your hats off to the full-time mothers for being able to endure the relentless routine and incessant policing seven days a week instead of two. But on other days, merely the image of this woman crafting a brontosaurus out of sugar paste and sheet cake for her two-year-olds birthday drives a stake through your heart.”
—Melinda M. Marshall (20th century)