Send or SEND may refer to:
- Send, Surrey, a village in England
- Send (HM Prison), a women's prison in Send, Surrey
- Satellite Emergency Notification Device, a portable emergency notification and locating device
- Secure Neighbor Discovery Protocol, a security extension of the Neighbor Discovery Protocol
- Send (album), a 2003 album by the rock band Wire
- Aux-send, an output from an audio mixer which is usually designed to carry a given channel to an effects or monitor device
- Send! (Magazine), a Christian missionary magazine by Gospel for Asia
Famous quotes containing the word send:
“Harvey: About this Voltaire.
Helene: What about him?
Harvey: Howd he ever get time to do all he did?
Helene: He lived to be old.
Harvey: Even so, how many letters did he write?
Helene: Oh, I dont know exactly. Thousands.
Harvey: I cant remember when I even wrote one.
Helene: You should try.
Harvey: Its too late. I wouldnt know where to send it.”
—Tom Waldman (d. 1985)
“When the Somalians were merely another hungry third world people, we sent them guns. Now that they are falling down dead from starvation, we send them troops. Some may see in this a tidy metaphor for the entire relationship between north and south. But it would make a whole lot more sense nutritionallyas well as providing infinitely more vivid viewingif the Somalians could be persuaded to eat the troops.”
—Barbara Ehrenreich (b. 1941)
“There is no such thing as an omen. Destiny does not send us heralds. She is too wise or too cruel for that.”
—Oscar Wilde (18541900)